Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many months being 90% sure I was going full stage 2 with CP2-E, I've decided I'm going to go with Maxd 2R instead.
Getting an R-Sport Intercooler and Cobra Sports Cat fitted next week.
Been running CP2 with ST200 airbox for nearly 2 years and loved it.
After plenty of research I decided on maxd 2R. Map is supplied by OC motorsport who are near me as well, a big plus in this current climate.
Will give a review of the on the road difference once fitted.
Needed something to look forward to after working non stop for 3 months with no real fun/down time.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, I know you've all been dying for 1.
Sport Cats in the pandemic appear to be goldust, well, cobra and milltek. So I've gone for a mishimoto sports cat, which actually suits me because I'm keeping the standard cat back. So being a 2.5 cat it will bolt straight on, no adaptive plate needed. Sites say it has a "very aggressive" turbo sound, has anyone ever had 1?
All being fitted on tuesday, going to give the cat safe crackle a try as well, because I feel like going mad.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I ordered my cobra 3inch sports cat last week and I've heard nothing about when it's getting delivered, had it on offer so cant grumble too much I guess, I've been looking at the maxd 2r map too

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OC Motorsport and Pumaspeed told me the Cobra cat is 4 weeks at least. If you've got a decent price I would wait it out though.
They managed to find a milltek, but it had to come from Holland, also the price has gone up about £50 on them.
The 2r map arrived to me within 48 hours off of Pumaspeed, so should have plenty of them. Going to get it loaded on with the sports cat and intercooler tuesday. Was just glad to get everything arrive on time so I can get it all done in 1 go.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
OC Motorsport and Pumaspeed told me the Cobra cat is 4 weeks at least. If you've got a decent price I would wait it out though.
They managed to find a milltek, but it had to come from Holland, also the price has gone up about £50 on them.
The 2r map arrived to me within 48 hours off of Pumaspeed, so should have plenty of them. Going to get it loaded on with the sports cat and intercooler tuesday. Was just glad to get everything arrive on time so I can get it all done in 1 go.
Mountune have sports cats in stock also 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Just a quick response, got it all fitted today, drove the 15 miles home in some traffic.
The car now pulls a lot harder between 2 and 3000rpm, with the cp2 it seemed to lag quite a bit, the sports cat and intercooler will help with that. All over the range as well, it feels a lot more responsive.
Even 6th gear at 60mph, feather the throttle to pass and you can easily notice the extra low down torque the car now has.
The cat safe crackle is perfect for my level, with a mishimoto sports cat and standard cat back. Burbles sound nice low down once heated up, then once heated about 4k you get the pops but not too mad.
The cp2 was a great stage 1+ map, but the 2r you can feel is a proper stage 2 map.
Oc Motorsport carried out the work, Ollie down there definitely knows his stuff. Anyone from Essex or close by, I reccomend to take your car there 👍

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Comparing apples with oranges here as you have not only changed map, but hardware too.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I know the hardware will add to it, but collins told me the sports cat hardly does anything at stage 2. Everyone else says otherwise.
It delivers its power so much better over the range, this even seems to put the power down better. cp2 once it spooled would then struggle a bit in 2nd for grip. This 2r is more linear 100%.
I knew it would perform a lot better overall, but the actual result surprised me. Not saying cp2 is bad, just 2r is so good.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I know the hardware will add to it, but collins told me the sports cat hardly does anything at stage 2. Everyone else says otherwise.
It delivers its power so much better over the range, this even seems to put the power down better. cp2 once it spooled would then struggle a bit in 2nd for grip. This 2r is more linear 100%.
I knew it would perform a lot better overall, but the actual result surprised me. Not saying cp2 is bad, just 2r is so good.
I'm looking forward to getting my Mountune sports cat fitted and a custom rolling road map done!

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Was bored today and decided to have a look on the USB that was supplied with the 2r map, it still had cp2 on there, thinks it's the cars standard map. So to avoid any apples and oranges debate I loaded it back on to see how the hardware goes with it.
More responsive than cp2 on a standard car, but you can easily tell 2r pulls much harder once both are going. I dont have an official draggy device or anything, but I was clearly hitting 70 from 30 quicker on the 2r map. The ford day at santa pod on the 5th july is down as still going ahead, managed a 14.6 with cp2 on standard hardware, by the way it feels now I'm expecting to maybe creep into the 13's.
Like I said before, it makes cp2 feel like a stage 1+ map, where as cp2e will be a stage 2.

Looking back, I advise testing between maps to be done in under 20 degree weather. Plenty of melting in the car happened during the making of this test.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sitrep.... Few days ago discovered my standard exhaust had a dent on the pipe not far from the back box. Checked again this morning and it has formed a small hole at the deepest point of the dent. Perfect excuse for a new exhaust.
Currently in the waiting room waiting for a milltek non res race to go on.
Felt like going mental again so decided on not replacing with another standard exhaust.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had the 20/30 minute drive home, mainly 50 to 70mph.
With windows down, you get a bit of a sense you have a different exhaust below 3000rpm, with them up, it sounds more or less like the standard cat back. You got a few burbles you can hear but that's it. No drone at motorway speeds, so no broken ears on long journeys.
Above 4000rpm, the crackles are more lairy, but still no ak47 like some maps have.
Do not judge the milltek off of youtube videos either, seen plenty of people say that on here and it is so true. No tinny sound at all, I'm still thinking of how to describe the tone, but for me it's perfect.
Performance wise, to me it seems to rev out easier than before.

So my current set up is Maxd 2r Map with cat safe crackle, ST200 airbox, R Sport Stage 2 Intercooler, Mishimoto Sports cat, Milltek Non Res Race and a Collins Torque mount. Anyone looking to go full stage 2, this set up will definitely put a smile on your face.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update...
Last week decided to get a gfb dv+ fitted and discovered before it went on, my car was only making 1.4 bar of boost, 2r should be 1.55 to 1.6. The dv+ got it back to 1.55 on most pulls.
Today I was prepping my car for santa pod this weekend, mainly playing with the torque pro app. After talking to the mechanic about the pros and many cons of crackle maps, I decided to give the no crackle map a try, to see if there was any difference in boost etc. To my surprise, I noticed the crackle map supplied to me was version 5 of 2r, the non crackle had the latest V8 file, which pumaspeed claim up to 254. I managed to find a thread deep in another forum about V5 2R, was only advertised to 240bhp, it was 2 years ago mind. Loaded the V8 map on and straight away noticed the boost on the app go straight to 1.6. I know its only an app, but you could definitely feel the difference and the V5 never got above 1.55 even below 20 degrees, today was 36! After a pull or 2 in quick succession you could feel the heat soak and bar went down to 1.4, but a minute or 2 slow driving and it would get 1.6 bar again.
So the V8 with no crackle will stay on for santa pod. Will give them an email asking if a V8 cat safe crackle can be sent over, must admit the car sounds a bit boring driving normally now, hard to notice the burbles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
V9 is the latest and last version of 2R. Unsure why V8 gets sent out as its not as punchy mid range vs V9. There is a 2R V9 cat crackle too as I had it. V5 feels more aggressive low down, V8 feels best up top and V9 feels like it pulls better mid range.

Crackle Vs no crackle on the same version will run the same boost etc, its only ignition timing and the decel fuel cut off delay thats altered.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do we have a prize on the forum for most santa pod runs in 1 day??
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology

Checking the photos after was a laugh.

Here's what I'd call my serious attempts, just me in the car and below 25 degrees...
Font Pattern Number Paper product Paper
Best of the day was a 14.0050 and 100.8mph terminal. On a cooler day, I think I could creep into the 13's with my current set up. My r sport stage 2 cooler actually coped better than I thought it would. I was litrally on and off the track and it was staying within 15 of ambient. Then id say after about 1pm, it crept to 20 above ambient, which was about 30. 1st to 3rd seemed punchy, but 4th was holding off quite a lot.
Try and get some videos on over the coming days.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
V9 is the latest and last version of 2R. Unsure why V8 gets sent out as its not as punchy mid range vs V9. There is a 2R V9 cat crackle too as I had it. V5 feels more aggressive low down, V8 feels best up top and V9 feels like it pulls better mid range.

Crackle Vs no crackle on the same version will run the same boost etc, its only ignition timing and the decel fuel cut off delay thats altered.
Just getting sent over the V9 files now. Pumaspeed told me V9 is geared more for track. Going to to see how it goes, if it makes being a daily a pain I'll stick the V8 back on. Don't do many miles so it should be OK.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts