Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah it was £50. Sounded a bit steep but then I remembered I did get the 2r map for over £100 cheaper, so I went for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've had the Maxd STG 2 for about 4 years now don't think it's the R version tho, might have to give jamsport a ring and see what they say as they are the 1s who dealt with me when I 1st done it

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
V9 is the latest and last version of 2R. Unsure why V8 gets sent out as its not as punchy mid range vs V9. There is a 2R V9 cat crackle too as I had it. V5 feels more aggressive low down, V8 feels best up top and V9 feels like it pulls better mid range.

Crackle Vs no crackle on the same version will run the same boost etc, its only ignition timing and the decel fuel cut off delay thats altered.
Got the V9 file back today and noticed no safe crackle map with it. Talked to pumaspeed and they said safe crackle has only been put in up to V5, since then no versions have had it. No plans to add it to v8 or v9 either.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was thinking the exact same Micky. It was mild unless going downhill, I'm comparing that to collins and peron crackle maps. I heard the collins 1 in person at santa pod on Sunday, amazed that is claimed to be cat safe.
Since putting the v8 with no crackle on Friday, the car definitely smells less rich.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can assure you it was 100% safe, I know, it was first released on my car as I requested it Dec 2017 and ran various versions until June this year. I also had cat crackle on 2R V9 however it was a custom request, its a tad different to the normal cat crackle.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I may try to give them a call at some point, all been through email so far.
Cheers for the info Conor 👍

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Car had its first MOT since having 2R fitted. Run it for about 3500 miles, most of it with the cat safe crackle, some with no crackles and even a few hundred miles with a full crackle map. Passed with no issues. So anyone worried about getting a mishimoto sports cat for lack of feedback, I can say it will pass the mot.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Had a couple of days spare, track and traced. So decided to try and chart up a log file I got done last week.
Was done in 3rd gear, from around 2000rpm to redline which is around 6800rpm. Obviously not on a public road. Done with Torque app Pro, have a forscan cable ready to go on Thursday. On research, forscan is a lot more reliable.
These were done on the 2R Cat Safe map, V5.

Got AFR, boost and MAF done so far.

MAF was up to 174.5
Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

Boost in psi. Reached 21.5 on the this run, 4th gear sees 22.5 most times.
Rectangle Azure Slope Plot Font

AFR actual and commanded. Not sure if there is an issue here. 1 slight blip, leans out from 11.8 to 12.3, then back to 11.8. Car feels nice and strong,can't feel any blips in power or hesitation at that point. Run the car on nothing but v power.
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

Attachments

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
My Bluetooth obd2 comes later I wouldn't mine comparing this to my peron stage 2, boost pressure etc

Normal driving what psi do you usually get when you floor it?
I get around 19psi on the gauage constant but if I do a pull in 4th from low down I get around 20-21psi

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Yeah 3rd or 4th from low down, on the cat safe map I see 21 or 22. 5. Used go be higher, but still feels the same.
Managed to go and test the non crackle, which is version 8, cat safe is version 5. The new version holds it longer and sees 22 or 23 in 4th. On V8 it holds 20psi until 5000rpm, on the cat safe it starts to drop off slightly after 4000rpm. You can definitely feel it as well when driving.
Got to uses to the burbles and odd pop, so run the cat safe daily.

Boost graph for 2R Version 8
Rectangle Azure Slope Plot Font

Attachments

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If a forum administrator see this, maybe best to change it to the project thread.

Installed a misimoto induction hose yesterday, was very surprised at the size difference compared to stock, especially at the mid way point of the pipe. Feels like a bit of a squeeze but goes on ok.
Quick tip though, the jubilee clips are labelled with the size, use the bigger 1 for airbox end.
I was never fussed about induction hoses, but I must admit it looks so much better now, especially joining onto the r sport crossover.
They are £66 on amazon at the moment, for a black pipe. Had a £50 voucher to use so only paid £16.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If a forum administrator see this, maybe best to change it to the project thread.

Installed a misimoto induction hose yesterday, was very surprised at the size difference compared to stock, especially at the mid way point of the pipe. Feels like a bit of a squeeze but goes on ok.
Quick tip though, the jubilee clips are labelled with the size, use the bigger 1 for airbox end.
I was never fussed about induction hoses, but I must admit it looks so much better now, especially joining onto the r sport crossover.
They are £66 on amazon at the moment, for a black pipe. Had a £50 voucher to use so only paid £16.
If you want to run the 2R V8 with Cat crackle, message the chap that does the Maxd calibration's (Andrew Ward).He has a FB page Autograph Cars, drop a message on there and ask him if he'll do you a cat crackle for V8, he did it for my mate not so long ago but there may be a charge as it's his time and software being used.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
If you want to run the 2R V8 with Cat crackle, message the chap that does the Maxd calibration's (Andrew Ward).He has a FB page Autograph Cars, drop a message on there and ask him if he'll do you a cat crackle for V8, he did it for my mate not so long ago but there may be a charge as it's his time and software being used.
Cheers for that I'll give him a message, if it's not to much I may do it, but all going towards stage 3 at the minute. Having an r-sport 450 intercooler fitted tomorrow. Did want the 400 gen 2, but they're out of stock for at least 8 weeks!
Gone for plain silver. Was always going to go black, but after I see the new yaris gr with its silver cooler exposed, looked old school and more striking to me, so I fancied it on mine.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

New intercooler is on, r sport pro 450. Build quality is definitely a step up from the stage 2 r sport that came off.
All I need now is the cold side boost pipe, ported manifold and it's ready for an x47r.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

It's not as "in your face" as I thought it would be, but I don't mind that, about the right visual appearance for me.
I was expecting hardly any difference driveability on the way home being a stage 2 map, but the mechanic said to me you'll be surprised once it gets past the mid range. It hangs onto power so much better when you get out the peak torque.
Where as lag goes, I honestly didn't notice any, when at 60 in 6th it still overtakes with ease feathering the throttle. When booting it in any gear its still the same.
I would recommend anyone who's on stage 2 to consider a bigger cooler. I have the hotside boost pipe as well which apparently adds to the lag and I still didn't notice any.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Got a dyno booked in for tomorrow, at AJ Motorsport in Essex.
Been told its a bit of a heartbreaker, last 2R car made 236bhp and the highest stage 2 has been 240bhp.
Never been that into dyno figures, but it's on my door step and bank holiday deal of 3 runs for £30, I thought why not.
Looking on their social media's, they do seem harsh on some but others do make claimed power, so will be interesting. Not seen any silly high numbers though, not expecting pumaspeeds claim of over 250 put it that way lol.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts