Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after saying repeatedly to myself that I don't need to tune my car further than MP215, I just purchased CP2 and a new intercooler!

Lots of info and good reviews on this forum about the CP2 flash so it seemed like a good choice.

I messaged CP to ask if they had any discounts/promotions and I was sent a link for group buys which gives 10% off.
I've copied the link below for anyone interested, hopefully it works for you too!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sent my downloaded car files to CP yesterday and they sent the tuned file back same day. Installed this morning and after a quick test drive I'm very happy. As others have mentioned, it's more aggressive in 1st, 2nd and feels more eager in every gear (compared to MP215). 2nd picked up low in the rev range too and just goes :)
Car seems to be running smoother also, wife noticed that too....
Looking forward to adding the intercooler and tracking at Castle combe in september!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Sent my downloaded car files to CP yesterday and they sent the tuned file back same day. Installed this morning and after a quick test drive I'm very happy. As others have mentioned, it's more aggressive in 1st, 2nd and feels more eager in every gear (compared to MP215). 2nd picked up low in the rev range too and just goes :)
Car seems to be running smoother also, wife noticed that too....
Looking forward to adding the intercooler and tracking at Castle combe in september!
Is it noticeable in general driving, or only when you put your foot down hard?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it noticeable in general driving, or only when you put your foot down hard?
I think it feels more responsive even with normal driving, seems more forgiving if I'm a bit lazy and I don't change down. Maybe this is why I'm finding it smoother with normal driving.
It's a different animal in 1st, 2nd and somewhat in 3rd when you go foot to the floor. Not done any motorway driving yet but i reckon it'll pull with less delay in 5th and 6th, will find out tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Just Spoke with Collins, and there is no further discount on this.
Very very tempting at this price.
Yeah, I remember a couple of years ago I tried to get a club discount on top of the ford fair discount they were doing at the time and they wouldn't have it :LOL:

They drop it down £350 quite often, never seen it go below that, normal price is £400.

I think I will get it eventually!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Will probably still go for it.

Just wondering if the overrun option is worth it?
Is it any good? can it damage the car?
My car is standard apart from Mountune Airbox
I ran CP2 with their overrun add-on with both the standard cat and afterwards sports-cat, no problems at MOT time, plus the standard cat looked fine when it was removed, Collins sell their addon as cat safe, how much testing they did I don't know but I've not heard of any issues with it.

Is it worth it, that's subjective, I thought it was.

If you're constantly above 4k rpm it will probably drive you mad but I found it to be fine.

If you do go with CP2 with iflash tool you could buy the map without overrun, then afterwards buy the overrun and Collins will send you another map with the overrun, you'll then have both maps and you can switch between the two.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I ran CP2 with their overrun add-on with both the standard cat and afterwards sports-cat, no problems at MOT time, plus the standard cat looked fine when it was removed, Collins sell their addon as cat safe, how much testing they did I don't know but I've not heard of any issues with it.

If you're constantly above 4k rpm it will probably drive you mad but I found it to be fine.

If you do go with CP2 with iflash tool you could buy the map without overrun, then afterwards buy the overrun and Collins will send you another map with the overrun, you'll then have both maps and you can switch between the two.
Thanks for the info.
Think I will just get without.

Having read a few comments on here, I assume its a good / worthwhile mod?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts

Updated to Cp2 now, only been a day with less than 20miles driving, but very impressed so far.

Does the Overrun map change the general exhaust tone/bubble? Or just add pops at 4k rpm?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Even with standard CP2, I got lot of burbles when blipping the throttle at idle.

Since I've had my car Dyno mapped, it no longer does it, so I'm wondering if it's just the way Collins do their fueling?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts