Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Was announced back last August and still not ready
re. CP5, if Collin's had started selling them within weeks of the teaser we'd see comments like "cannot have one many miles testing", "don't buy that bruh, go with xxx it's tried and tested".

Go other way and take a long time, sorting issues, road testing etc and we see comments like yours

Anyhow, isn't it the norm? how long did it take for AET/Peron to bring out their promised V1 successor?

What about Pumaspeeds X57 series?

Oh and Mountunes MR265 replacement?

· Registered
34 Posts
re. CP5, if Collin's had started selling them within weeks of the teaser we'd see comments like "cannot have one many miles testing", "don't buy that bruh, go with xxx it's tried and tested".

Go other way and take a long time, sorting issues, road testing etc and we see comments like yours

Anyhow, isn't it the norm? how long did it take for AET/Peron to bring out their promised V1 successor?

What about Pumaspeeds X57 series?

Oh and Mountunes MR265 replacement?
Pumaspeed dont hit there bhp numbers 50% of the time and x57 series has taken since before August last year they dont have release date

Cp I have been in cp5 demo car so they figure out their going with part or another And they started in October on cp5

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
@Darran most off the others announce a few months before planned release except MT who alwsys take longer

To launch something at Ford Fair that wasn't built, tested or even developed was just away to keep customers interested
Most tuners? who? those upgrades I mentioned took more than a few months which isn't a problem and imo is the norm.

Of courses it's to keep customers interested lol, can you blame them? it's very competitive, I'm sure you'd do the same if in that line of work, there were teasers re. RT330, VT330R, CP5, VTxxxR, X57, some upgrades arrived sooner than others, some haven't arrived yet and still are in testing.

At least Collins have released the model of Turbo, give estimated figures with and without aux fuelling and one guy from here has given a guestimation of cost, compare that to what Mountune are doing to those poor souls wanting to upgrade from MR230, MT are being so vague they'll not even let their loyal customers know if there will be an upgrade at all lol.

· "Race Red Owner"
7,428 Posts
At least Collins have released the model of Turbo, give estimated figures with and without aux fuelling and one guy from here has given a guestimation of cost, compare that to what Mountune are doing to those poor souls wanting to upgrade from MR230, MT are being so vague they'll not even let their loyal customers know if there will be an upgrade at all lol.
I disagree Mountune have told me there IS an upgrade it is still being validated.... What they refuse to tell me is what power it will produce....

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I disagree Mountune have told me there IS an upgrade it is still being validated.... What they refuse to tell me is what power it will produce....
:fishing: Get in! like clockwork :rofl:

Seriously though Mikey when it comes to releasing parts, delays etc Mountune are by far the worst, they know most of their loyal customers will hang around then pay more for less.

I'm a loyal Mountune customer, I follow them on social media, I'm subscribed to their mailing list etc and I know next to nothing about the MR265 successor, compare that with Collins and CP5 and Pumaspeeds X57 pending upgrades and I know quite a bit of info already.

So yeah I could go to MT HQ, spend loads and maybe glean some more info, just like they'll be loyal CP and PS customers know more about their pending upgrades than Joe bloggs but what is out there for the general public is far less from MT, I understand why but that is fact.

· "Race Red Owner"
7,428 Posts
:fishing: Get in! like clockwork :rofl:

Seriously though Mikey when it comes to releasing parts, delays etc Mountune are by far the worst, they know most of their loyal customers will hang around then pay more for less.

I'm a loyal Mountune customer, I follow them on social media, I'm subscribed to their mailing list etc and I know next to nothing about the MR265 successor, compare that with Collins and CP5 and Pumaspeeds X57 pending upgrades and I know quite a bit of info already.

So yeah I could go to MT HQ, spend loads and maybe glean some more info, just like they'll be loyal CP and PS customers know more about their pending upgrades than Joe bloggs but what is out there for the general public is far less from MT, I understand why but that is fact.
I'm definitely not disagreeing they are the worst and the worst at informing their customers!!!! To get anything from them you need to personally email/phone Fred or Ryan and even then they will admit the presence of such items but trying to glean figures and dates is a different matter, all I got was it IS more than the 265 and it has to be enough of an increase that MR265 customers would also be interested... I understand their secrecy and know why they are such a way but I too think many aspects of their business are sub-standard, Their stock system is to say the least poor, the re-order and time from out of stock to return to stock is unfeasibly long, and you can't even pre-order stock on the system so that when it does come it you have first dibs (which would also help their stock system as they would at least know how many to order if they knew the demand out there!)

I am not a huge fanboy, I just like the quality of the stuff and believe though (IMO) they have some of the best out there but their business model is still not set up for road car customers but more for their motorsport engine development...

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I'm definitely not disagreeing they are the worst and the worst at informing their customers!!!! To get anything from them you need to personally email/phone Fred or Ryan and even then they will admit the presence of such items but trying to glean figures and dates is a different matter, all I got was it IS more than the 265 and it has to be enough of an increase that MR265 customers would also be interested... I understand their secrecy and know why they are such a way but I too think many aspects of their business are sub-standard, Their stock system is to say the least poor, the re-order and time from out of stock to return to stock is unfeasibly long, and you can't even pre-order stock on the system so that when it does come it you have first dibs (which would also help their stock system as they would at least know how many to order if they knew the demand out there!)

I am not a huge fanboy, I just like the quality of the stuff and believe though (IMO) they have some of the best out there but their business model is still not set up for road car customers but more for their motorsport engine development...
I agree with most of that apart from the bit about their stuff being some of the best out there, I don't think their stuff is anything special, in fact apart from MP215 which keeps Fords Warranty I can't think of one ST180 MT upgrade which stands clearly above the equivalent upgrade by another manufacturer/tuner, that said though they'll continue to lead the way mainly because of their affiliation with Ford and their Motorsport background.

· Registered
825 Posts
details off their Instagram page:

over 300 horsepower at the wheels (335-340bhp) and over 300lbft

Turbo technics S280 turbocharger

30% bigger Bosh Injectors

Mongoose turbo back exhaust (cat back available)

ITG induction Kit

Stage 3 Airtec intercooler

CP5 Software

(£4099)

CP4 customers (£2499)

They have also posted a dyno :eek:hmy:

Isn't this similar to other companies offerings but at a lower stage ?

· Registered
1,612 Posts
details off their Instagram page:

over 300 horsepower at the wheels (335-340bhp) and over 300lbft

Turbo technics S280 turbocharger
30% bigger Bosh Injectors
Mongoose turbo back exhaust (cat back available)
ITG induction Kit
Stage 3 Airtec intercooler
CP5 Software

(£4099)

CP4 customers (£2499)

They have also posted a dyno :eek:hmy:

Isn't this similar to other companies offerings but at a lower stage ?
Someone questioned this and they replied back that not one of the other companies they have had on the dyno have made the quoted figures. They also said they have ensured it is 100% reliable, i think a lot of vr330r people have had issues havent they? And b7tmys car looks slow for an apparent 330bhp.

· Registered
825 Posts
I saw that reply. i am assuming different dynos can record differing figures and that's not factoring in any environmental fluctuations.

Thing is they have a CP4 X-47 kit which produces this also with the only difference being the turbo's and CP5 includes bigger Injectors. So it doesn't seem much of a jump but it is most likely better due to the reliability

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The thing with cp they only change min from original engine they only change these parts induction kit turbo add injectors hot side on s280 and exhaust like other companies change crossover cold side aswell to get their power n higher boost maps so cp5 is basically standard engine but is 500 more too probably get more power if you change the other part I have said above
And cp5 is stage 3 plus compared to other companies

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Someone questioned this and they replied back that not one of the other companies they have had on the dyno have made the quoted figures. They also said they have ensured it is 100% reliable, i think a lot of vr330r people have had issues havent they? And b7tmys car looks slow for an apparent 330bhp.
b7tmy car was said to be 320 bhp

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.