Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
could you have hit it with a lot of water with like a power washer or something, right after its been in direct sunlight and was boiling hot ? . and maybe the rapid cool down just cracked it ?
Very much doubt it, i've never washed or power washed my car during a hot day or during the day, always been in the morning when it's cooler. I never get too close to a panel on something like that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
the Ford garage rang back to say it's out of warrenty and i mentioned i have Extended Warranty, so their going to ring back again later to see if this Extended Warranty covers it. With it being a body panel i don't know. If it was or wasn't and it was a manufacturer fault should it get replaced regardless if it's not under warrenty?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's great news @Gedi 👍🏻

Did they give anything away as to the likely cause or whether it's happened before? (Ford wise I mean, you said the dealership seemed genuinely stumped).
Yeah it is good that it's gone way way. The person on the phone to me was amazed it's getting done under warrenty. I'm not that well at the minute and wasn't really concentrating on the phone. I didn't ask any questions as to why or if they had any other similar issues but i'll ask some questions next time on the phone.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I rang up Ford to book my car in the for the repair. It wasn't as straight forward as i thought it was. Their saying it's more complicated even though it's under warranty for the job, their saying it's bonded in the panel and it might take time to remove the panel and the old bond from the car and might have to get in a third party to do the job as iirc noone has done that panel before, just to make sure it's done properly. Their coming back to me with more info, their saying their might be a chance i need to pay money if the job costs more than the warrenty does. What's your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
After a couple days now and I'm still no further forward to get my car sorted, been told to speak to their Paint & Body shop who says they only do Paint work lol. Been intouch with Dealer again a few times and Ford Protect and another Ford Dept Cust Serv and getting fustrated now.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts