Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

What sort of Bhp am i looking if i was to get a custom remap with just a full exhaust system (manifold, sports cat, cat back) ?
Is it really worth doing? Anyone on here done it , let us know what brake you made from it.

Tom

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Providing you have a K&N as well upto 10bhp with a custon map you will need to run on higher octane as well
V-Power Tesco Millenium 99 ron

·
Registered
777 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't bother. I would only map for cams, your looking at minimal bhp increase for the price.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Is it worth doing if you running normal fuel?

Also with just exhaust/induction mods is it worth doing to make the most of the mods to gettin the fueling rite?

Sorry for thread hijack

Matt

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
When i had my manifold,sports-cat -cat-back fitted i only had induction kit ram-air one . It made 176 bhp 159 lbs tourq from 149 bhp after re-map changed my fuel as recommended to momentum 99 made another 3bhp .

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
When i had my manifold,sports-cat -cat-back fitted i only had induction kit ram-air one . It made 176 bhp 159 lbs tourq from 149 bhp after re-map changed my fuel as recommended to momentum 99 made another 3bhp .
Cheers mate, i would be happy with that. Im not looking to do any other mods now iv got a house as the gf wud kill me lol. If its worth doing just wanted to finish the car off after fitting the exhaust (hopefully in next few mths when finished doin house up) along with the mountune cais thats on it now.

Who did ur custom map? If you dont mind me asking how much did the map cost?

Matt

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Cheers mate, yea iv herd gud things about them. Why is it all the good tuning places are miles away from me (bout 190miles each way). Jamsport is bout in the middle at 100 miles which is better.

I wud rather pay a reputable company to do it like JS/AMD etc.

Im not sure whether to just keep me eye out for DS unit as then i can put car back to std pretty easy if i ever sell and will also be able to use it with a custom map if need in future

Cheers for the help

Matt

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm not being funny but AMD are notorious fot the rollers reading high. If the figure of 149 was from a previous run fair enough as the the before and afters are comparable but if there was no before run to see standard bhp I would be skeptical.

Ebd if the day ots down to the op but for the money involved I wouldn't bother.

Edited to say I don't doubt AMDs capabilities just heard many occasion about high figures

1 - 11 of 11 Posts