Fiesta ST Forums banner
301 - 320 of 354 Posts

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,662 Posts
Never liked them even in F1! always liked cars that "pushed" boundaries like my childhood idol the Countach or the Miura cars that even 3 or 4 decades on would still give teenage boys half bar when they drove past.

Oh and Ferrari in F1 are (bar Benetton) the biggest lot of cheating ******* ever known to man!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Never liked them even in F1! always liked cars that "pushed" boundaries like my childhood idol the Countach or the Miura cars that even 3 or 4 decades on would still give teenage boys half bar when they drove past.

Oh and Ferrari in F1 are (bar Benetton) the biggest lot of cheating :censored: ever known to man!
Yeah I get what you're saying, there's a lot of truth in it. Pretty much all of it is true in fact.

My teenage bedroom poster was a white Countach. The Ferrari at the time would have been the 308 which doesn't even come remotely close to evoking the same emotions, you're definitely right on that one. I would still kill for a Countach, but not for a 308. Not a fair fight, Countach wins every time, still does

There's a whole bunch of snobbery relating to Ferrari, both amongst many owners who think they're the dogs and the F1 team, again you're right on that. Not all owners are like that, but there's definitely a significant tweed jacket brigade who think they're superior to other owners.

But on the other hand, if you can look beyond all that, and see them as a tool for driving pleasure, then there's no better driving experience.

That click clack of the double H gate gear change, the noise of the flat plane crank, and the fact that every drive out is a complete drama. The engine really is the heart and soul of a Ferrari. They say that you pay just for the engine and the rest of the car is free. That's obviously ******** but it sort of makes sense once you get into one and experience it.

I owned this 355 for about 6 years when the second hand market was at rock bottom, sold it 10 years ago I think. Would like to try a Lambo but I've gone all sensible now. And I don't have the cash :lol:

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,662 Posts
@[member=":censored: Dastardly"] Can't deny the engines sound good... But then I like the sound of nearly every V8 V10 V12 and even V16 ... ohh and the two V8's that made a V16 like the Alfa Romeo Bimotore..... the BEST (wait a sec wasn't this the First?!?) Ferrari ever made!

But their control and cheating in Formula One from the days when I was a youngster watching Hunt being cheated through the Senna days right through to the Schumy days and influencing decisions made against Mclaren... They will do anything to win fair or foul and so I could never ever purchase one.... But a lambo that's different, but more scary as they say never meet your childhood dream or it will ruin those fond memories forever!

301 - 320 of 354 Posts