Fiesta ST Forums banner
181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
These are now back in stock, just ordered mine, thank you for the heads up on them 👍🏻
Great.

I've always changed plugs regularly and usually pay £25ish for 4, just bought 10 off there for £8.54 plus a bit of P&P.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Seems Ford are having a clear out of service items

wonder if they’ll have a multi buy on engines too 🤪
Sorry mate, only just seen this, don't want to tempt fate but I'd be up for that :cool:.

Just bought some front disks off there, checked a few days ago and they were £130, this morning £49 for a pair with free P&P:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hi Darran, did you get your plugs. I got mine and just last week i ordered x 12 oil filters for my daughters 1l ecoboost for £6 and x 10 stop and tail light lamps for £3 odd. All came early this week. Madness lol , thanks for the heads up chaps.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sorry mate, only just seen this, don't want to tempt fate but I'd be up for that :cool:.

Just bought some front disks off there, checked a few days ago and they were £130, this morning £49 for a pair with free P&P:
Thanks Darran, I think you may need to start a Ford deals thread :D

Just checked the stock ST180 rear discs and they seem a bit cheaper than usual as well, so just ordered a set of front and rears :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Hi Darran, did you get your plugs. I got mine and just last week i ordered x 12 oil filters for my daughters 1l ecoboost for £6 and x 10 stop and tail light lamps for £3 odd. All came early this week. Madness lol , thanks for the heads up chaps.
Yeah spark plugs arrived (y)

Thanks Darran, I think you may need to start a Ford deals thread :D

Just checked the stock ST180 rear discs and they seem a bit cheaper than usual as well, so just ordered a set of front and rears :cool:
Good shout that, just checked, pair of rear disks £28 o_O:

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
@Darran - absolute legend mate pointing me/us to these. I don’t actually need them as I replaced these recently, but for the money I thought I’d might as well have them now and put them to one side for later down the line ! Cheers mate 😊👍🏻
No worries Ant, no brainer really for anyone planning on keeping their car.

Prices do seem to change and vary a lot on there, so worth while checking before buying from elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 · (Edited)
14th Service done (11th Home Service).

Millers LSPI 5w30 Oil.
Genuine Ford:
1) Oil Filter.
2) Coil Packs x4.
3) Spark Plugs x4.
4) Pollen Filter.
Peron Air Filter Clean & Oil.
Magnetic Sump Plug Washer.
Window and Door rubbers protected with Gummi Pflege Stift.
Coolant Expansion Cap lubricated.
Service Book Stamped.

Managed to get some coil packs at a decent price so swapped the old for new:
Office ruler Font Wood Auto part Tool

Camera accessory Font Material property Gas Cameras & optics

Tableware Toy Material property Automotive design Gas

Hood Trunk Audio equipment Gas Electronic device

Fluid Aluminum can Tin Gas Font

While under the car I got a decent view of the rad fan shroud mod which H-Sport Performance did, so thought I'd take a pic which might be of help to anyone thinking of doing the same.

Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Haven't been using car much recently, in fact it went two months between fuel ups. A few days after cleaning and reoiling the air filter I got an engine management light P2187 (maf, vac/boost hoses, exhaust code), I'm hoping it was down to me spraying too much oil on the air filter, I recleaned the filter and since the code I've done about 400 miles and code hasn't returned.

I've had car coming up to 8 years and that's the first code I've seen, I don't think it was down to too much oil on filter, I reckon it was not using the car much and a random gremlin, I've bought some maf sensor cleaner so if code returns I'll use that and investigate further checking catch can, vac and boost hoses but right now I don't want to be disturbing stuff if it was just a one off random code.

Car passed it's MOT with no advisories, always a relief passing the emissions with a near 3 year old sport-cat, emission results below for future reference.

No major plans for the car, just to use it more oh and clean it, it's filthy. Probably next preventative upgrade might be SuperPro lower control arm kit, undecided on their stock spec or +0.5 degree of additional caster option, after 61k miles the stock bushes should be getting a little tired so for the sake of a couple of hundred quid it's a job worth doing.

Cheers.

MOT Emissions:

CP2, Mountune Intake, Stock Cat.
2018 (29k miles)
Fast Idle:
CO: 0.01%
HC: 2 ppm
Lamba: 1.030
Natural Idle:
CO: 0.02

2019 (39k miles)
Fast Idle:
CO: 0.01%
HC: 5 ppm
Lamba: 1.030
Natural Idle:
CO: 0.01

CP2, Mountune intake, Milltek Sports Cat.
2020 (48.5k miles) Fast Idle:
CO: 0.05%
HC: 21 ppm
Lamba: 1.020
Natural Idle:
CO: 0.04

PERON S284 (S280 Turbo) 340bhp 440Nm.
2021 (55.5K miles)
Fast Idle:
CO: 0.17%
HC: 65 ppm
Lamba: 1.018
Natural Idle:
CO: 0.19

PERON S284 (S280 Turbo) 340bhp 440Nm.
2022 (61K miles)
Fast Idle:
CO: 0.11%
HC: 19 ppm
Lamba: 1.017
Natural Idle:
CO: 0.02

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Great work @Darran. Everything you’ve done and said is pretty much identical to me and my car.👍🏻

Definitely invest in those SuoerPro arms too mate, I’ve got the additional castor option on mine and it’s made a huge difference and my ball joints and bushes were looking very tired prior to fitting them.

Keep up the good work mate! 👍🏻

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I've been looking at the arms and speaking to HSport, they've said there is next to no downsides to going extra caster when the car has PAS.

Wheels pull straighter going forward and more negative camber when loaded up. What's not to like?

SuperPro arms are 20% discounted atm too.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 · (Edited)
Great work @Darran. Everything you’ve done and said is pretty much identical to me and my car.👍🏻

Definitely invest in those SuoerPro arms too mate, I’ve got the additional castor option on mine and it’s made a huge difference and my ball joints and bushes were looking very tired prior to fitting them.

Keep up the good work mate! 👍🏻
Thanks for that Ant, much appreciated, I'm now searching for a set as I type this.

I'd been meaning to ask how you're getting on with the Quaife diff but I won't bother as it'll probably cost me another £1.2k + :ROFLMAO:

I've been looking at the arms and speaking to HSport, they've said there is next to no downsides to going extra caster when the car has PAS.

Wheels pull straighter going forward and more negative camber when loaded up. What's not to like?

SuperPro arms are 20% discounted atm too.
A little weary of AET since the palaver I had getting my intercooler off them.

I'm waiting for Connor at H-Sport to get back to me, I'd rather pay a little extra and give them my custom.

Thanks Alex.

edit:
Phoned AET to check if they had control arms in stock, wasn't sure but she's seen some SuperPro boxes in warehouse.

Emailed H-Sport Performance and Connor got back to me within the hour and beat AET's price, parts will be posted today.

Another (y) for H-Sport Performance.

181 - 200 of 204 Posts