Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after sunday i got a little curious about the white cars! both looked awesome but clearly different whites! and both being called frozen :S
went for a little dig around the internet and found this from passionford. (i was very busy after work tonight!!)

Two of the white STs were Diamond White which against the other ones which are Frozen White (its now replaced Diamond White) appears "off white" or "creamy"

An example for you... Frozen White on the left and Diamond White on the right.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Diamond white was the only option pre-facelift, it was a more creamy white. Then once the facelift cars came out the colour changed to a frozen white which is brighter and crisper.

So pauls car, being facelift has to be frozen if im not mistaken.

Paul, can i ask when was the last time you had the car polished? I woudnt mind giving a panel a run over with the dual action to see if ican bring a bit of gloss out of the paintwork. This is because paint oxidises over time and can look duller, you see this alot on red cars which look pink after time.

·
Registered
500 Posts
brendan my cars free for a polish anytime you fancy it mate
lol

dont forget guys, most colours will have numerous different paint codes. ie. there will be quite a few different shades!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well you could be right there! i have seen many a car painted in the same colour and every panel be a different colour!! haha adams bumper would look competly out of place on pauls car!

thought there was a small run of face light of diamond white?? would make it a far rarer colour!! just was very similar to a diamond white xr2!

i am new to the fiesta game so could well be wrong!! haha was just curious!

brendan, i couldnt come and have a nosey at could you use your DA some time? may have acquired one! ;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
May aswell have a detailing day lol,

im more than happy to give a hand if anybody is planning to fully detail their car, providing you provide enough drinks to keep me going i can polish away all day

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like a plan! i have a few crates in the shed! always prepared for a shortage!! haha
do you have a nice big shed to put cars in? i can clean under the bonnet with a quick blast of the kranzle!! haha bit of high pressure water never killed an engine!! haha
i have 3 large bottles of 3m gear that could be put to good use!
i have gave it a good one once, and could def' see alot of marks were removed, but about 1/3 still were there. just wasnt sure were i should have been happy with that or able to get more away! haha

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
From what i can remember there was a small number of diamond white cars made it on to the face lift cars.

Detailing day would be a nice idea for a meet and some of us who dont even know how to use a DA would have a good lesson in how to.

Only problem is finding a good day for it. Cant believe how rubbish the weather is these last few days very annoying as i cant keep the car clean at all

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
is that at Port Solent ffs? certainly looks like it

frozen white is super sexy, mind you those horrible thick stripes on the creamy fiesta aren't doing it any favours

·
Registered
932 Posts
Diamond white was the only option pre-facelift, it was a more creamy white. Then once the facelift cars came out the colour changed to a frozen white which is brighter and crisper.

So pauls car, being facelift has to be frozen if im not mistaken.

Paul, can i ask when was the last time you had the car polished? I woudnt mind giving a panel a run over with the dual action to see if ican bring a bit of gloss out of the paintwork. This is because paint oxidises over time and can look duller, you see this alot on red cars which look pink after time.
My car was clayed and polished about 3 months ago. Ciaran gave it a full detail (buff) about one year ago. I just keep it topped up with wax now.

After seeing the results of your car mate i wouldn't say no to a buff , it's due again soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts