Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the car about 3 months ago from bc performance cars in Gloucester
Hi, yep I have it on file.

For sale advert from May 2017... Low mileage for a 2 year old car.

View attachment 590515 View attachment 590514 View attachment 590513

And two instagram screen shots showing usernames you could search for.

View attachment 590516 View attachment 590517

I hope this helps.
Wow!!! Honestly that is amazing Tim, I don't know how you've done that but that's an amazing lead!
Thank you so much mate.

Registered

Registered
Hi Tim I notice you seem to be some sort of Archive of all STs, do you have anything on file for EF64 EXX. Anything would be appreciated!
Hi, yes I do...

Looks like it was a Ford Direct car, so would've been owned by a Ford employee when new. Usually for around 6 months. There should be a 'Ford Direct Certificate' within your car's history folder, if it's all been kept, that was the process before it was then sold on after.

September 2015...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

September 2019...
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Product Automotive tire Font

Registered
Hi, yes I do...

Looks like it was a Ford Direct car, so would've been owned by a Ford employee when new. Usually for around 6 months. There should be a 'Ford Direct Certificate' within your car's history folder, if it's all been kept, that was the process before it was then sold on after.

September 2015...
View attachment 590576 View attachment 590575

September 2019...
View attachment 590578 View attachment 590577
Wow thanks for that, quite odd to see what my car was like a few years ago and safe to say it looks exactly the same just a bit older, time for me to ruin it :)
Cheers Tim

Registered
And what you're saying is exactly the reason I'm building up the register.

One of the many Fiesta XR2's I owned, a 1983 model, I restored and got mag featured around 2005. The original owner who purchased it new got in touch and provided me with photo's of it brand new. Was quite something to see and totally unexpected.

And in years to come hopefully these same thoughts and feelings will be echoed when owners see photo's from time past. Plus the register will be useful to help buyers and owners tell the story of the life of the car, which may highlight issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And what you're saying is exactly the reason I'm building up the register.

One of the many Fiesta XR2's I owned, a 1983 model, I restored and got mag featured around 2005. The original owner who purchased it new got in touch and provided me with photo's of it brand new. Was quite something to see and totally unexpected.

And in years to come hopefully these same thoughts and feelings will be echoed when owners see photo's from time past. Plus the register will be useful to help buyers and owners tell the story of the life of the car, which may highlight issues.
How many do you think you have on file so far?
You helped me out endlessly last week Tim.
I'm now on speaking terms with the original owner of my car and he's told me all the answers I needed to know about my car.

Registered
That is awesome news, I'm glad it has helped and you are on track to getting the car going again.

In terms of the register, my many years of hard work has now amassed to me having 24721 ST's on file. Considering the total made was 30625, I don't think 80.7% is too bad so far. Bearing in mind I am nearly a year behind in logging new found vehicles. Time just isn't a friend in this case! So that could well be closer to 85% or more. No one will ever know all the ST's produced unless you either work for DVLA and can do a large search, or go through the sequence of VIN's and find the ones in between. But having a register of around 85% of all ST's produced is not matched by any other register I have had the pleasure of speaking with. And that number will only rise as time goes on and more vehicles pop up. I know there are ST's out there that have been purchased new and never been on a forum or classified advert as the original owner still has it, plus ST's that were purchased new and tucked away in a carcoon. But I'm aiming for over 90% then I can build the register website.

Registered
Is that only mk7s?
Hi, yes. I did look at starting a mk8 ST register when they started production but realised quite quickly that having one was enough. A bit like having children! I've openly spoken about my database/register over the years so that has maybe spurred someone on to start a mk8 one.

And it's not just about capturing the main classified, or auction, or salvage front page. It's also about capturing all the images on the adverts and auctions etc. so it amasses to quite a collection if a car goes through several owners. There was one ST not too long ago that had 12 owners! Quite a lot of images on that one.

Registered
Yes I do...

March 2015... - Has 'Hartwell' as the dealer logo on the number plate, so it could be that was the supplying dealer when new.

View attachment 590594 View attachment 590597

December 2017...

View attachment 590596 View attachment 590595
thankyou, by the time i got it in 2021, it was all completely standard. Due to covid I wasn't able to go and see the car before buying it, just went of the garage pics and video walk around. Had I looked at it before I wouldn't have got it, because what was not mentioned or shown in the video was all four alloys kerbed to hell, long badly repaired scratch along drivers door and a large black bumper scuff underneath the front. And being to British I never complained and just drove it away..... then within a month, found coolant leaking, pipes burst and head gasket was gone. Luckily i took out a years warranty on it.

Registered
Hi Tim, Would you mind checking on mine please? AF66RCO only had it about two months, lovely car thanks Dave
Hi Dave, sorry, only just seen this. I do have some info. on this car....

April 2018, 7120 miles, 拢15,500 @ Richtoy Subaru - The only things to note are the aftermarket exhaust and wind deflectors.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

March 2021, 15958 miles, 拢12,500 @ Sytner Mini - Exhaust and deflectors still present.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light
Product Font Rectangle Line Screenshot

(y)

Registered
Wow I've been lurking here for 2 years and only just found out about you, Tim. I can't imagine the hours that have gone into this project.

Would you perhaps have anything on mine?
YS65 XPF (sprit blue ST3)

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts