Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I should probably start a project thread seeing as I've done, and plan to do, more to the festy than I had thought I would.

Most of the stuff I've done so far has been small ish, which is good seeing as I have taken sweet f all pictures of things, I never think to take a few pics when I'm doing anything to it.

Anyway, bought it last May as I'm wfh 4 days a week so didn't need a diesel commuter car anymore. That and the Mazda 6 I had was basically a time bomb.

Fast forward to now and I've done a few bits, mainly maintenance, and a few small mods for now.

First thing was extra security, so that was sorted a month or so after picking it up. I won't say what security as that defeats the purpose.

Lot of time reading here and seeing what common issues there are, decided to sort the slider pins on the calipers.
Ordered a full set off frentech, fronts were fine but I greased them anyway, rears had one seized in each caliper so beat them out and new greasy pins went in along with new pads.

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the calipers were freed up, I started saving up to get the wheels refurbed as they looked like they were bounced off every kerb in the UK before it made its way over here.
That took longer than I had planned as I was also in the middle of moving, so most of my time was spent just driving it and building up bits to do.

Also had to replace a wishbone so that was some cash used up.

Eventually got everything ready for a wheel refurb, dropped them off with some new PS5's and figured I'd do a full service while it was on axle stands, along with a few other bits I'd been waiting to fit.

Rear spring seats were replaced, the little plastic nut things for the bottom of the rear bumper, Focus mist washer jets were all fitted.

Then got around to the service, engine oil and filter, gearbox oil, plugs all changed. Ended up pulling out the airbox to get at the gearbox filler hole so fitted the mountune airbox I got at Christmas instead. Also fitted the quick shifter while the intake hose was out of the way too.
Collins RMM was also fitted .

Collected the wheels the end of that week and put it all back together.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycle Bicycle wheel

After all that gave it a much needed wash
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After that, ordered some new brake goodies
Braided lines
J hook discs front and back
PBS front pads
Mtec rear pads

Shelving Wood Gas Waste container Automotive exterior

Also vibratechnic engine and gearbox mounts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

Went to fit all that a few weeks back but only got the mounts fitted as I got started late.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Headgear Automotive wheel system Gas

Car Vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This weekend I finally got around to fitting the brakes, which were in worse knick than I originally thought.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Rim Tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Automotive tire Plumbing fixture Water Alloy wheel Vehicle brake

Had a mare of a time getting the rear lines open but got there with much swearing.
New discs, pads and lines fitted.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Automotive tire Locking hubs Disc brake Vehicle brake Rim

Bled it all with forscan, such a handy method, and put the wheels back on to move it out of the garage when I discovered the front calipers were sticking. This was at about 10pm so called it a night and went back at it today.
Took the pads out, swapped them around and calipers back on, no more catching the disc.
I'm not aware the PBS pads are side specific, but it seemed to do the job.

Not long back from bedding them in, always fun on a public road.

That's everything for now. Will be ordering new intercooler shortly, so will have pics etc of that job being done.
Jersey Neck Sleeve Gesture Workwear

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slider pins are in my list to do as handbrake like to stick on every now and then 馃槱 contemplating the st170 upgrade on the rear, 馃
Definitely worth a look, I had to beat two of the pins out with a hammer.
Something to keep an eye on once they're done as its a common enough issue.

Premium Member
Spent a nice chunk of money about 10 mins ago ordering this lot.
Will have pics of the job of fitting it all when it lands here and customs have had their way with me.

View attachment 587724
Very nice :cool:.

I remember vaguely you commenting on my project thread re. a turbo upgrade so just thought I'd mention if there's a chance you might go S280 you'd only need the cold side boost pipe as the S280 comes with it's bespoke hot side pipe, it also comes with it's own turbo elbow.

Your comment was probably just tongue in cheek but just thought I'd mention it just in case (y)

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice :cool:.

I remember vaguely you commenting on my project thread re. a turbo upgrade so just thought I'd mention if there's a chance you might go S280 you'd only need the cold side boost pipe as the S280 comes with it's bespoke hot side pipe, it also comes with it's own turbo elbow.

Your comment was probably just tongue in cheek but just thought I'd mention it just in case (y)
Interesting, I didn't know that.
I will very likely be getting a turbo, more towards the end of the year/early next year, so I might cancel the boost pipes and turbo elbow if the s280 kit comes with them.

Premium Member
Interesting, I didn't know that.
I will very likely be getting a turbo, more towards the end of the year/early next year, so I might cancel the boost pipes and turbo elbow if the s280 kit comes with them.
Glad I mentioned it then (y)

I went for the airtec cold side but it does sit very close to the oil filter, so I need to loosen the cold side boost pipe bracket and push the pipe out of the way to remove the oil filter, I've now found out the SD cold pipe boost pipe doesn't have a bracket and sits further way from the oil filter, knowing what I know now I'd have gone for the SD version.

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may have a look at their one so, I have a vudu plug thing in the symposer pipe already but I'm always worried it'll pop out ha.

Did you go for bigger injectors with the turbo? I seen it mentioned on Collins's site for the s280 kit.

Premium Member
I may have a look at their one so, I have a vudu plug thing in the symposer pipe already but I'm always worried it'll pop out ha.

Did you go for bigger injectors with the turbo? I seen it mentioned on Collins's site for the s280 kit.
Both the Airtec and the SD cold side boost pipes are symposer delete so you don't have to worry about that leaking. I think Pro Alloys kit has the option for the symposer tap off but with the S280 you wouldn't hear the symposer anyway so waste of time, saying that with the S280 you don't hear the intake either.

I went with the S284 kit which keeps the stock injectors.

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, small update thanks to Darran.
Pro Alloy have refunded the cost of the boost pipes and turbo elbow. Once that makes its way back into my bank account I have a few bits ready to go on SD's website, cold side boost pipe, GB VTA to replace the BOV spacer that's currently there and a new gearknob. Fancied the SD one as it has no branding on it.

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Order in for the few bits from SD, added shifter base bushings as they were only 20 quid.
Will need to have another look at the short shifter adapter as it's started to pop out of 2nd occassionally again.
Some of them rub off a clip on the battery tray so will have a look and see. If not, might need to take it off to sort it.

Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Box box of goodies arrived from Pro Alloy today.
Silicone intake pipe
Crossover pipe
Various smaller bits of pipe and silicone hose
And this lovely bit of kit
Photograph Green Blue Textile Rectangle

However, there is some small blemishes. I know they're handmade so won't be as perfect as a machine doing it, I'm just hoping it won't cause any air flow problems.

Grille Automotive tire Rectangle Audio equipment Bumper

Grille Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rectangle Tread

Tire Automotive tire Grille Product Synthetic rubber

It was fairly well wrapped so I'm assuming it happened pre packaging as there was no damage on the box etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts