Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pressing the 'door lock' on my Mk 8 gave a small light there.
However on my Mk 8.5 while they lock there is no light hence no way to confirm ( ie driving away did I lock them ? )
I believe 'forscan' can arrange for them to lock at '5' mph but I always try to remember to lock as soon as I am in vehicle.

Am I missing something to confirm locked or was the pin head light deletion more cost saving ?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Is the clunk of them locking not sufficient?

I would be wary of manually locking them. In an accident situation, any car I've had that auto locks will automatically unlock the does if you have an accident, does the Fiesta do that?

·
Super Moderator
24,350 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about that. If that's the worry, then you're clearly thinking of a pretty bad accident, in which case the doors would probably be mangled and stuck shut anyway.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about that. If that's the worry, then you're clearly thinking of a pretty bad accident, in which case the doors would probably be mangled and stuck shut anyway.
MINI and Audi consider it worth doing and perhaps this is why Ford don't have auto lock?

A front or rear collision might not mangle all the doors!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Squeezing the 'entryway lock' on my Mk 8 gave a little light there.
Anyway on my Mk 8.5 while they lock there is no light subsequently no real way to affirm ( ie heading out did I lock them ? )
But you can just press the lock button again.. so whilst you’ve only lost a small light it’s not that much of a big deal to press the button again surely

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Squeezing the 'entryway lock' on my Mk 8 gave a little light there.
Anyway on my Mk 8.5 while they lock there is no light subsequently no real way to affirm ( ie heading out did I lock them ? )
Thanks for the answer to my post and seems a penny pinching deletion for a 'pin head size light'. Pity this as surely a safety feature against 'car jacking' if locked as soon as in vehicle and which an automatic lock at '5 mph' does not do.
( pressing again while driving away wondering 'did I lock them' will only unlock them if they were locked)

·
Super Moderator
24,350 Posts
You had mentioned it before, back in July, but no one else seemed to cotton on.

·
Registered
MK8 ST m260
4 Posts
The key fobs don’t have an LED.. why would they?
For some reason I thought it was a light in the key fob to indicate that something was being transmitted, although it wouldn't make sense to only have it for the door lock button...

I realize now that it's the lock button in the interior, I never look at it since I have coded my car to automatically lock at ~20 KM/h, but yes mine does have a light to indicate if it is locked or not.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Surely auto-lock is pointless in conjunction with keyless entry, as even if you lock the doors they will unlock anyway when someone touches the door handle, as the key will be within range, unless you deactivate keyless entry too? Haven‘t tested this I’m just thinking out loud!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts