Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,363 Posts
Surely auto-lock is pointless in conjunction with keyless entry, as even if you lock the doors they will unlock anyway when someone touches the door handle, as the key will be within range, unless you deactivate keyless entry too? Haven‘t tested this I’m just thinking out loud!
No, the system is smart enough to know the ignition is on and not allow the exterior handles to open the door.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Surely auto-lock is pointless in conjunction with keyless entry, as even if you lock the doors they will unlock anyway when someone touches the door handle, as the key will be within range, unless you deactivate keyless entry too? Haven‘t tested this I’m just thinking out loud!
Not sure that's true. My car is set up to only unlock drivers door.
With engine running my wife tried to get in and the passenger door didn't open.
Had to press the button.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Mines got a footrest and footwell light, but no lock light on the door lock button.

Seems there's plenty of variation across the range, really does seem they were thrown together to get them out the door ASAP based on what ford had available at the time.
Spot on. Buying a Ford right now is like eating a bag of Revels blindfolded... who knows what you'll get 🤷🏻‍♂️

They missed a trick mind you not marketing the last of the ST's as 'Heath-Robinson Special Editions' 🤣

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just don't have keyless entry....solved.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Just don't have keyless entry....solved.
Indeed.

Not just for locks but also... if they simply have to exist, then make all these bloody newfangled gizmos actually work properly in real world scenarios and have them work in a 'joined up' fashion. That too would solve the problem.

Too much of the guff on our cars is just s*** for the sake of s****.

I only want the mechanical stuff. If I could get the same figures, smiles per mile and general poke from an old car with no electric gizmology I'd swap in an instant.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Indeed.

Not just for locks but also... if they simply have to exist, then make all these bloody newfangled gizmos actually work properly in real world scenarios and have them work in a 'joined up' fashion. That too would solve the problem.

Too much of the guff on our cars is just s*** for the sake of s****.

I only want the mechanical stuff. If I could get the same figures, smiles per mile and general poke from an old car with no electric gizmology I'd swap in an instant.
Indeed, if only there was a "stripped out" ST like the old ST1 then the car would be perfect for how it was intended.
I was thinking of an ST1 in 2019, but it was gone when I went to place my order.
On the other hand, to order an ST3 and then turn all the gadgets you paid extra for seems a bit silly.

Nothing wrong with my current ST3 mk8 seats, but I miss my old ST2 seats. Loved them.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts