Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup

I recently bought a Dreamscience DSF3000 with Pumaspeed 180, 190, & 200 maps and 4 lives from another member on here.

It was going for a very good price so without any research I jumped at the chance to buy it. We met up and he plugged it into my car, It came up 'Wrong Vehicle'.

The lad was confused as he was under the impression they should just work on all ST's.

Anyway he offered to further drop the price and leave it to me to sort out, so i still took him up on it. The next day I looked into getting the unit set to my vehicle.

I spoke to dreamscience initially, they advised me that the ST's have a number of different ECM codes (13 iirc) but as it was a Pumaspeed unit it would be locked to that dealer, all they could do is charge me £249 and send me out a Stratagem unit with 5 fresh lives and standard dreamscience maps - this I did not want.

I then spoke to Pumaspeed, Tony advised me that if I sent him my unit back he would have to charge me £250 to re install the maps onto the unit and set this to my vehicle, then send the unit back out to me- this I did not want.

He said he would offer me £100 for my unit and then charge £150 to install me a custom map setup at Pumaspeed, who only work weekdays - this I did not want.

I tried another dreamscience dealer, Phoned them up and spoke to the guy. He basically said that the unit would be locked to Pumaspeed and "I think you have bought the wrong product mate". "I can totally wipe the unit clean and put my custom maps on but I will charge you £350" - this I did not want.

I thought Sh*t It's gonna cost me an arm and a leg, can't afford it as I have holiday...etc etc etc, I seemed to be getting nowhere fast - excuse the pun.

I gave the unit to a mate of mine I know from near me who is smart and into his diagnostics and fueling etc.

Within about 20 mins of him having my car and the unit he was able to unlock the device with his laptop.

Plugged the unit into my car and it downloaded ECM, Uploaded ECM and not works and has used it's life! I was soo happy.

Took it for a spin, changed vehicle - revs higher, better power delivery - torque difference is more than i imagined.

I gave him a few quid and bought him a pint for his trouble.

Since then I noticed another member on here was having the same problem so I PM'd him and he came up, his is now sorted and he went away running his 190 map with his cossie inlet & cams etc a very happy man. He paid £50 for something he was told would cost him £250.....

I have heard Jamsport are reasonable with their units and charge £50, not sure if postage is included in the £50 and you do have to wait a while.

I have spoke to my mate and agreed that If anyone is having the problems to PM me and get in touch, we can travel to meet (within reason) you and have the unit working within an hour. We can go further if fuel costs are covered.

Thought I'd let people know.

Ryan

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt,

I have no idea I am not sure what changes he was able to make.

I will ask and let you know.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
How would this work with a unit tha had used all its lives? or if the car had not bin returned to stock?

Matt
it will be unusable. until you paid dreamscience or the dealer money to reflash it.
[/quote]

Cheers ryan, let me no mate.

Overlag - is it unusable if locked and no lives or just one of them?

Matt

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
How would this work with a unit tha had used all its lives? or if the car had not bin returned to stock?

Matt
it will be unusable. until you paid dreamscience or the dealer money to reflash it.
[/quote]

Cheers ryan, let me no mate.

Overlag - is it unusable if locked and no lives or just one of them?

Matt
[/quote]

If the old car hasnt been returned to stop and/or its out of lifes its unusable. yes :(

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
That aint good, bin offered a few of them so just wanted see wot my options were. Think DS wanted £250 to reset and unlock

Matt

·
Registered
120 Posts
So what software do you need to install? where can you get it? also, all you need to do is run an unlock/reset through the program and your good to go?

That sounds good in case this happens to me

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have the same problem mate, I would be into letting ur mate sort it but I'm in sunny Scotland!! Jamsport said to me 'budget 150 quid for us to program it' that was sending it down there! Just want mine running the Jamsport map that's on there!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
awryt paul were in the same boat lol could possilby make a meet out of it lol

could it not b possible to send this to u or ur pal or do u need the vechile there aswell

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alrite lads

The car does not need to be there, however it would be better so that you can drive away with it working and everyone is happy.

I would be up for making a meet out of it if as you say you split the fuel between you.

I would travel to Carlisle It's about 100 miles up the m6 from me.

Ryan

·
Registered
813 Posts
Alrite mate it's 100 miles from glasgow to carlisle so it's pretty even! We could get a wee meet if you are up for it? No sure how many folk we could get to go down from here. Let me know mate.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Have any of you tried the DS software Overlag talked about earlier? Some dreamscience units appear to require unlocking via a PC, worth a go before spending out money?

This won't help if you're out of lives though obviously

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ye mate this is different, specific maps i.e 185 and the likes have the ECU strategy code on them which needs changed if you want to use it on another car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I bought my ds it had a jamsport 180 map on it, and again it would not work on my car it would show "wrong vehicle" when i tried to load it,
After emailing dreamscience themselves they told me to use the live load software to unlock the unit, which i did and i loaded the map on no troubles!

Within two weeks however i bought the 185 map and loaded onto it because, a)it better suited my mods and b)As the 180 map was installed on another car before mine, it apeared to have brought the other cars fault codes onto my car!
So the EML was on and when i read the DTCs it told me the oxygen sensor was faulty and another fault which i cant remember; After loading the 185 map it worked perfectly! with no fault codes!
Good luck with the mapping!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts