Fiesta ST Forums banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,662 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I am going to guess you're a Leckie or (have been) by trade..... Using the same colour wire for ever cable in a loom :surprise: , if something ever goes wrong chasing faults is going to be a mare involving dragging out the leckie diagrams!!

But it does look good!

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I am going to guess you're a Leckie or (have been) by trade..... Using the same colour wire for ever cable in a loom :surprise: , if something ever goes wrong chasing faults is going to be a mare involving dragging out the leckie diagrams!!

But it does look good!
By trade I am a IT tech :laughing: , I am learning all this wiring stuff as I do it. I am creating pin-outs for each section so I know what goes where. One of the added benefits of the PMU being digital is that I can easily see which part is failing and the current it is drawing to help with diagnostics.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
After weeks of not being able to do any work on the car today I have made some progress.

I did get a ecumaster GPS unit as well as I am not using the wheel speed sensors, means I can do easy lap timing tracking.

Took the plugs out, sprayed some GT85 down the bores and tuned the engine over by hand as its been sat for a some time now.

Got the connectors on the potted wires in the headlights, got the N/S front sub loom almost done, just need to put 2 more plugs on then will move onto the O/S loom.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Floor Automotive exterior

Wood Automotive tire Gas Electrical wiring Audio equipment

Pliers Electrical wiring Hand tool Gas Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Got both the O/S & N/S subs looms finished today.

Electrical wiring Gas Cable Electrical supply Wire

Light Automotive tire Electrical wiring Cable Gas

Light Automotive tire Electrical wiring Gas Cable

Also started to draw up a sun shield for the ADU7 that I will 3D print.

Rectangle Automotive exterior House Tree Comfort

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Have you fitted the GPS senor yet ? I've had in sat in the car for all year, as my speedo doesn't work with the ADU when I ran with the Duratec - see how it works out with the k20

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Have you fitted the GPS senor yet ? I've had in sat in the car for all year, as my speedo doesn't work with the ADU when I ran with the Duratec - see how it works out with the k20
None of it is fitted yet haha

Been making up all my pin out sheets as well and checking I have enough deutsch connectors.

Font Circuit component Material property Eyewear Electronic component

Test powered on the dash/keypad.

Gauge Bicycle accessory Gadget Measuring instrument Gas

Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar Gadget Audio equipment Gas

Bought a set of LED indicators, cut the original wires off and add longer leads with deutsch connectors.

Light Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Audio equipment Cable

Now this does look crap....but it works. I wanted to use a factory key to power on/off the PMU for a bit of security. Its going to be just behind the seat, got a new switch on order which I will pot.

Clipboard Automotive design Office equipment Flooring Audio equipment

Got the button made up for the horn.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Electrical wiring Cable Audio equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Spent some for time on 3D printing today, also got the new IGN switch potted.

Gadget Cable Machine Household appliance accessory Office equipment

Electrical wiring Cable Gas Electrical supply Auto part

So I have 3 versions of the button holders.

The first was rather weak so I moved to the V2 which I went and test fit.

Wood Cookie cutter Font Hardwood Art

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Audio equipment Automotive wheel system Gas

Automotive design Bicycle part Audio equipment Rim Engineering

The next step was the V3, this has a slightly bigger hole so the button sits flush, round edges for more support, a longer and 0.1mm narrower support for a tighter and more secure fit.

Microphone Camera accessory Wood Audio equipment Electrical wiring

I did 2 prints for the sun shield, the first one was just a bit to small so a few tweaks and hey presto.

Output device Gadget Computer hardware Computer monitor accessory Display device

Attachments

81 - 100 of 134 Posts