Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my window down today and heard a clunk when it got to the bottom and now it wont come up, when i press the button i can hear the motor spinning. Called stoneacre where i got my car and 2 thousand pound warranty from and they said because i didnt get my car serviced with them ive voided my warranty. Ive taken my door card off but theres another black piece of plastic covering the whole door. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I put my window down today and heard a clunk when it got to the bottom and now it wont come up, when i press the button i can hear the motor spinning. Called stoneacre where i got my car and 2 thousand pound warranty from and they said because i didnt get my car serviced with them ive voided my warranty. Ive taken my door card off but theres another black piece of plastic covering the whole door. Can anybody help?
sounds like either you've broke the white clip at the bottom or its poped out,
you have to take the inner door card out and the glass.
should be a guilde on here some where.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i bought my car from stoneacre and will never be doing that again

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
This happened to mine & it turned out the teeth on the little plastic gear/cog thing had sheared off and the dealership in my village (now shut down I wonder why) said it needed a whole new window winder mechanism, went ahead with the work before telling me and tried to charge over £200

The lesson learned is READ the small print on that sheet you sign when you give your car in to be looked at because there might be a tiny line that (basically) says "we'll do the work anyway without telling you how much it'll cost & your consent"

By the way that dealershop are talking out of their backside about the warranty and having the car serviced with them. Rules now state as long as genuine Ford parts are used in servicing, it doesnt matter where your car is serviced. I would get on to Ford Customer Service, dob them in and demand the work done FOC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts