Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya folks, ok so a little bit of advice thx . I want to get a blow of valve fitted .. all advice seems to be pointing towards a turbosmart fitment . So generic question .. cost as this seems to vary a lot , easy to fit ? I ain't a mechanic lol . And what sort do I go for . Based in hull but don't mind a little road trip . Thx in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
fitted mine only last Saturday,

GFB and Turbosmart are the 2 most popular, i have a turbosmart shortie plumback which is a fully recirculating valve .

to fit you will need a small ratchet and extension bar with a driver bit holder not a large ratchet as it will very tight for room
a torx 30 or 27 bit ,i cant remember the exact one
a 7mm socket or flat head
thread lock (recommended)

get under the car and remove the hot side boost pipe. with how the hose clamps were fitted i needed a 7mm socket and ratchet to remove them as a flat head screw driver couldn't fit.

some say to remove your right wheel for more room, but i cant see how it would.

remove your lower and back bolt off the stock valve .this could take some time.

now your faced with the top bolt, to remove this i could only move my ratchet about 2 inches before it slipped or there was no more room to for the ratchet, but eventually you will get it off,

your bov should come with a blank connector for the cable that went into the stock valve, this takes 2 seconds to fit onto the cable.

if you need to fit a reference adapter , it will take 2 minutes to fit, make sure the grub screws are fitted on the adapter to stop a boost leak

put your new BOV on the turbo correctly orientated and bolt back on with thread lock,

re fit your boost pipe. and your done.

of course make sure your using axle stands and chocks or a ramp.

took me about 3 hours . but i was with a friend and wasn't under the car working for all those 3 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hiya folks, ok so a little bit of advice thx . I want to get a blow of valve fitted .. all advice seems to be pointing towards a turbosmart fitment . So generic question .. cost as this seems to vary a lot , easy to fit ? I ain't a mechanic lol . And what sort do I go for . Based in hull but don't mind a little road trip . Thx in advance
Sounds like you're pretty close to Dreamscience over there mate. Might be worth a look

1 - 3 of 3 Posts