Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come for me to resign and hand over the Region to someone else if they want to take it over that is.

I personally think the Club is on a downward spiral and has been for a while, I think and believe the only way this could be possibly turned around is by buying back the club and have the members run it, but even then that's a big risk to take considering the amount of FaceBook Clubs that there are now.

Another gripe is that I really would like to know what paying members are actually getting for their money as I don't see anything beneficial, and the usual Knowledge Database is wearing thin and a bit old now, especially with Google, YouTube, FordWiki and the like out there so why do you need to pay for a Technical Database?

Today's Dunston Hall turn out saw a massive 6, despite it being sunny and warm, so the decline in members wanting to meet is another reason, yes I know we all have things we could be getting on with but don't we all.

So after Septembers meet which I'm unfortunately going to be unable to make and not because of being on-call this time either (Holiday), then unless someone decides to take over there will be no more Dunston Hall Meet.

That leaves Ford Power Live in October, which there is a Club Stand although only 5 (Inc me) out of 40 have paid to display to date.

There are a few more things which I've seen recently which have put me off but I won't go into any details.

So best of luck and safe journeys all.

· Registered
442 Posts
I'm sad to read this! Being a Mum we don't get out to meets and shows as much as we'd like nowadays. However next year with little one being a bit older and having our mk7 and mk3.5 fiestas on the road I think we'll be back to the shows again possibly! It's good to have a break, I rarely come on the forum anymore (hence my late post to your thread!) so when the time comes to renew my membership I don't think I'll be doing so. I post in more Facebook groups than on here...people change + move on from the scene, it's a shame but that's how it is! I like a smaller meet, can get to know those who turn up fairly well! Might see you in the future somewhere ~ drive safe!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.