Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im looking at buying an ecu and im confused, what is the difference between the SCT X3 unit & Dreamscience DSF3000 unit? they look identical and both habe an SCT logo on the device.

I got a couple of questions in regards to that:

1) Do they accept the same tune files?
2) Is there any advantages getting one over the other?
3) Are the DSF3000 units still for sale brand new, I can only find them at pumabuild? wouldnt it be wiser getting an X3 over the discontinued unit?
4) Where is the OBD port in my ST?

If someone can answer these questions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
1) Do they accept the same tune files? Yes, they are the same platform
2) Is there any advantages getting one over the other? Potatoe, Potatto, same thing
3) Are the DSF3000 units still for sale brand new, I can only find them at pumabuild? wouldnt it be wiser getting an X3 over the discontinued unit?
4) Where is the OBD port in my ST? The OBD port sits on the steering column. If you feel underneath , there is a little flap that opens up, you will finf the port there.

The DSF3000 is based on the SCT unit, they use the same coding language. The newer DSCI maps wont work on the DSF3000 unit. If i were you I would look for a 2nd hand DSF3000 with a few lives left, you will save a lot of money. The gains from software on our cars dont justify the costs, so dont buy a new unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts