Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if someone can help me, me and a mate (he a mechanic) fitted my lowering springs yesterday.
Noticed today in town there is a knock on the left side, if I'm parked and turn the steering with the engine off it's knocking. It wasn't doing this before we fitted the springs.

Any idea? My guess is my mate put something back on wrong lol, funny enough the side I did was fine.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
my left side was also knocking after fitting eibachs... the noise stopped after getting Mountune fitted. Not sure why. Maybe what was knocking fell off when i first hit the limitor at 7200rpm?

Sorry that doesn't help.

What people suggested to me was the drop links maybe failing or loose. Or damper may have failed.

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
When I was getting a clunk on turning the wheel after lowering it was a knackered top mount but I cant imagine its failed straight after fitting the springs?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Literally started straight after fitting springs, car is 08 and most stuff is still new on it :/

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Sounds like the top mounts, can you move the wheel if you put your hand behind it and pull it towards you? If it knocks try tighting the top mount.

Chaddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts