Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I lock the car the wing mirrors fold in automatically but recently the drivers side folds in fine but its like it doesnt know when to stop and it clicks 6-7 times before stopping, the clicking is rather loud and i dont really want to break it any further.
This is really annoying and i have no idea how to mend this or what is causing it.
Any help will be much appreciated
thanks Benje

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I have the same issue. A replacement mirror is needed unfortunately as far as i'm aware. Quite a common issue

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
£120 I think they are. I just accepted it clicking in the knowledge that if I hear that sound I know my car is locked

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same problem a while ago. A piece of plastic had snapped off around a small bolt inside the wing mirror housing and it didn't know when to stop folding inwards.

I only knew this because I noticed the bolt hanging out from under the wing mirror with the piece of plastic stopping it from falling out. If I remember correctly I had the wing mirror replaced under warranty though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I`v had this problem too and had the motor replaced under warranty. I don't know how much it was for the part. Also I`m sure some body on here did a how-to guide on fixing the clicking problem, have a search on the forums and see if you can find it. Cheers...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Look on the mod guides is a guy who shows how to take apart and fix
Clicky wing mirrors!!

Not for the fainthearted tho lol

Btw my p/s one does it all the time!! Don't let it bother you!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look on the mod guides is a guy who shows how to take apart and fix
Clicky wing mirrors!!

Not for the fainthearted tho lol

Btw my p/s one does it all the time!! Don't let it bother you!!
tried taking the mirror out according to the guide and by accident i smashed the glass so it now clicks and i cannot see anything out of it :(
i will get it replaced soon though thanks for all your help

·
Registered
777 Posts
just be aware that they cant always be fixed exp if you ex bird mullers it into the garage door. £113 + VAT for a replacement on fordspart or fordpartsuk (cant remeber) so dont be to disappointed when you spoend 30 mins taking it apart and then it doens help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts