Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I wonder if someone could help. I have a door open message come up when I operate the electric windows and sometimes when I use the wipers, this will sometimes go after a few opening and closing the door but also affecting locking the door . This is an intermittent fault but is happening more often .

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,288 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground (earth)

Try removing and cleaning the point where the door switch is that turns the interior lights on. I'm only really guessing as the MK6 was fairly new to the CANBUS era it may still of had some older methods of doing things and this was quite common on older fords.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,288 Posts
It's usually silicone grease which is creamy so probably that.
It could be the ground connection for the elec windows, maybe common ground point for the doors and wipers to the shell. This, if not in great condition, could create a new neg path by back feeding threw other components and create a system fault. Seems unlikely to all be having a common ground point but maybe threw the body control module.

Other than that I am out of ideas.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,288 Posts
I never had any issues with my old ST150 (pre facelift) so never looked, but fairly sure it had ground connections under the dash at both sides, normally near connection modules. There's quite a few connection points dotted about.
It wouldn't take long for an auto electrician to diagnose and fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
1,214 Posts
HI Chamby,

Ok, mines a pre face lift but hopefully yours is the same :

There is a ground connection under the battery tray and another under the o/s/f light.

THis may be way off, but theres also an electrical connector, inside the o/s door just infront of the door lock, ( Its a pig to get to though )

Good Luck (y)

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
1,214 Posts
Hi CHamby, just found this from an ol;d post, might help.

A diagnosis of the generic electronic module (GEM) can be performed with the Ford diagnostic equipment. Furthermore, an integrated service mode enables testing of the input and output signals without the need for further tools. To enable activation of service mode:

Switch off the ignition,
Switch off all other electrical consumers,
Apply the handbrake,
Shift to neutral
Close the doors.
Activating the service mode

Proceed as follows to activate the service mode:

OPERATE the switch of the heated rear window and HOLD IT THERE
Turn on the ignition.
RELEASE the switch of the heated rear window
PRESS the heated rear window switch 8 times within 6 seconds
A signal sounds and the turn signal lamps flash to indicate that service mode has been successfully activated.

Input signals

SWITCH the wiper switch to the "Off" position to test the input signals. The following is a list of the signals to be tested, in no particular order:

Turn signals (right, left, hazard warning lights)
"Lights on" warning (terminal 58)
Windshield wiper (intermittent wipe)
Windshield washer system
Rear window wiper
Rear window washer system
Doors/tailgate open/closed
Central locking
Hood open/closed (in vehicles equipped with an anti-theft alarm system)
Front fog switch (if fitted)
Rear fog switch
Heated rear window
Heated windscreen (if fitted)
An acoustic signal sounds and the turn signal lamps flash to indicate receipt of each input signal by the generic electronic module.

Output signals

SWITCH the wiper switch to the "Intermittent" position to test the output signals. PRESS the heated rear window switch activates or deactivates the output signals in the following order:

Windshield wipers (a signal sounds and the direction indicator lamps flash when the "Park" position is reached)
Heated rear window
Interior light(s) (the interior light switch must be in the "ON" position)
Rear window wiper
heated windshield (if fitted, is only activated when engine is running)
If the heated rear window switch is operated again, the sequence restarts with point 'a' and the functions are activated again in this order.

Ending the service mode

The GEM automatically ends service mode 20 seconds after the last input. However, service mode can be manually ended at any time by proceeding as follows:

OPERATE the switch of the heated rear window and HOLD IT THERE
SWITCH OFF the ignition
RELEASE the switch of the heated rear window
3 signals sound and the turn signal lamps illuminate to indicate that service mode has ended.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts