Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used Engine Flusher on their ST?

I've heard it voids your warranty , however talking about Warranty. Mines has expired.

So... anyone had any bad expierences from using it?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
i had some stuff put in mine and into the fuel to help clean everything out when i had my ST, that did no harm but dont remember what i exactly had done

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Waste of Time/Money IMO!

I often use some Fuel Treatment but that's only because I get It free from work.I wouldn't pay for It.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My problem is, I want to flush the Oil out and potentially any nasty bits (if any...) as the car has been sitting idle over 9 months.

So would it be best just to, remove Oil Filter, Oil, change over to new filter then new oil in?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
My problem is, I want to flush the Oil out and potentially any nasty bits (if any...) as the car has been sitting idle over 9 months.

So would it be best just to, remove Oil Filter, Oil, change over to new filter then new oil in?

Cheers
Yeah really. Get it warm then drop the oil, all the yucky bits will drain out(probably want be any anyway, with modern oils).

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Liqui Moly have an excellent engine flush. I usually do it before an oil change. Add to the existing oil, let the car idle for 10mins, drain, new filter + new oil. I had a engine blow up on me because sediment in the oil blocked the oil pickup.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats me up and running, car sounds quieter than previously:

- Replaced Oil Filter (Low Budget Type)
- Drained Oil
- Replenished Oil
- Ran for 10 mins
- Insert Ford approved Engine Flush
- Ran the Ending to Optimum temperature
- Removed Oil Filter then Sump Plug
- Put a better Oil Filter in place (Bosch)
- Replenished the Oil

Car was taken for a 10-15 min drive, (rust on brake discs) engine responded alot more sharper.

Now I'm a happy chappy!!! Roll on 23rd September 2011 (Get my License back)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Why did you loose your license may I ask..?

You could of also fitted a Magnetic Sump Plug,Which pick's up any crap Etc that's In the bottom of your Engine therefore saving It getting pumped around which may potentially cause you a Problem/Damage.There reusable so once It's bought then you have It for life so to speak.I have just fitted one In my ST but haven't done a Service/Oil & Filter change since so cant comment on It and wether It's done anything Etc.There only a couple of £ (I think mine was £5 off Ebay) So IMO there well worth a purchase.Try one next time!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Yeah but that's only because his car has sat for over 9 Month's due to a license ban.So hence the 2 Oil change's.It's not like he does that every 2 Week's Etc.I really dont see the problem TBH..?If my car had sat for over 9 Month's I think I would do the same thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts