Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering how i will no if my ST has had the update for the ecu? How do i check it? When i start it it revs up to 1500 then back to 1000 os this normal? Also what is the whole update about, was there something wrong with ecu?

Cheers

·
Registered
554 Posts
How long does it rev at 1500 before it drops to 1000?

Is it a cold start? Or are you starting it when the engine is warm and its still doing it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 56 plate with the bubble headlights:p its a cold start yes, iv just heard about an engine update and wondered if mines has it or not and how i can check it, it revs up instant but comes back down right away, like have ur foot on throttle when you start it? If that makes sense:p

Cheers

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have no idea what the update was for but I know mine would benefit from it because mine suffers from the starting problem which is familiar on here lol. It affected a lot of the pre-facelifts.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
You get it from Ford and no it wont be free (unless you stand in the middle of the showroom and claim that a salesman touched you in the car)

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Your car should idle at under 1,000 rpm,mine idles at 1,000rpm bur mine is highly tuned.

Deffo check it out coz by the sound of it it's not 100% right..

Lee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts