Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed their exhaust flap opening/closing repeatedly when the car is switched off? Walked past my car earlier, its been off for a couple of hours and the flaps opening then closing - is that normal?

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
When you say "repeatedly", how frequent is the repeat?

A 'constantly' opening/closing valve would be a worry but a 'periodic' click matches what mine does over time after driving. I may be imagining this but I'm sure someone said its something to do with venting moisture? 🤔

I've never measured for how long it clicks as I've never worried about it, folk on here of much longer standing and experience reported it was normal. In a way I find it quite endearing, it gives the impression the car is a living breathing beast ready and raring to go again 😎🤟

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep.. I've mentioned it on here before.

I noticed mine doing it when I was working out side in the drive near the car and it would happen.

I thought it was because I had the car connected to the ford app on my phone so I deleted it. It still happens tho occasionally but not so much in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you say "repeatedly", how frequent is the repeat?

A 'constantly' opening/closing valve would be a worry but a 'periodic' click matches what mine does over time after driving. I may be imagining this but I'm sure someone said its something to do with venting moisture?

I've never measured for how long it clicks as I've never worried about it, folk on here of much longer standing and experience reported it was normal. In a way I find it quite endearing, it gives the impression the car is a living breathing beast ready and raring to go again
I've noticed it opening, then closing it a minute or so later, seems to do it three or four times then stop. This is some time after last using the car - if its normal I won't worry, just never noticed it before on any other car so initially worried

Not something I have heard on the 2 I've owned.

One thing that does get the valve moving is requesting the lock status from the Pass app.
I'm using the app so it may be encouraging it to do it. Seems to trigger multiple unlock warnings when I open the door once

Yep.. I've mentioned it on here before.

I noticed mine doing it when I was working out side in the drive near the car and it would happen.

I thought it was because I had the car connected to the ford app on my phone so I deleted it. It still happens tho occasionally but not so much in my opinion.
Thank you, seems like normal behavior then, thanks all for answering!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts