Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
buy some metal polish, i use AutoGlym metal polish, squirt some on a cloth, wipe over, buff till you get a nice shiny finish

Gina

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
The exhaust tip on my car went very dull and had brown spots all over it. No amount of Autosol and buffing would get it totally totally clean.

I got the Autosol again and some 0000 grade wire wool from eBay. Totally soft and didnt scratch up my tailpipe (which for those that know me is precious to me! lol)

It was SO much easier and quicker than buffing and buffing and buffing away and I was very happy with the results.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The exhaust tip on my car went very dull and had brown spots all over it. No amount of Autosol and buffing would get it totally totally clean.

I got the Autosol again and some 0000 grade wire wool from eBay. Totally soft and didnt scratch up my tailpipe (which for those that know me is precious to me! lol)

It was SO much easier and quicker than buffing and buffing and buffing away and I was very happy with the results.

Yep, a bit of wire wool works a treat when it's quite bad. Need to do mine properly again as theres some strange marks appeared that I need to get rid of!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey Pink - realised it would be a lot easier to polish the tip of my milltek if I removed the plastic trim as you have.

Can you describe how you get that bit off (and on again afterwards?) please.

Thank you,
Kev

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Hey Pink - realised it would be a lot easier to polish the tip of my milltek if I removed the plastic trim as you have.

Can you describe how you get that bit off (and on again afterwards?) please.

Thank you,
Kev
I don't mean to hi-jack but underneath there are two screws (can't remember their type) but just unscrew them and pull them off. You may need another two screws as they're a screw but have a sort of casing around them (i'm not the most technical) then just pull the rear valance off. Hope this helps

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
Holy moly Johnston!

Kev - yeh I take the whole lot off the back incl the fake mesh bit. The 2 screws on the rear valance have nothing to actually screw in to so there is a plastic shroud that opens up when you screw the screw in (ooer) wedging in place. Be careful because these bits can be a bit fragile as its only fairly thin plastic

HTH

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Glad i have read this got a mountune cat back on not long ago and its getting there brown bits on the inside.

Thanks people

·
Registered
777 Posts
Wire wool and autosol for me or some strong wheel cleaner would do it for you if you dont have the former

1 - 18 of 18 Posts