Fiesta ST Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It will probably be a feature of the all new Fiesta after the face lift. (Basically the Puma on lowering springs) lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It does indeed and looking forward to see what Mr Breen can do with it. Hope they're competitive!

I literally watched Puma reviews and clips of the WRC testing right up till bedtime last night. I'm trying to convince myself I'd be happy with what is a brilliant car, but an expensive compromise all the same. I think I got caught up in never having experienced the engine and the diff before. I know the Fiesta will be closer to what I really want. Good chat with my dealer earlier for the first time since signing on the line and so I'm a little happier. Sitting tight and see where we are in a month.

The Puma WRC is so different to the road car. The WRC is almost a visual cross between the Puma and the Fiesta, the front is slung so low for aero, the tops of the front wings over the wheel arches are paper thin to get the Puma look on what is a Fiesta under a bit of a marketing frock.

Puma RS with hybrid and essentially a proper hot hatch incoming to coincide with the start of next season?! :love: We'll all be cancelling our ST orders then! I'll raise you a fireball jawbreaker!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
The Puma WRC does look good, bit of a throwback with its size, I do wonder about its weight tho? Still wish they kept the Fiesta, But before you get too excited for next year, go check out the new Toyota Yaris in testing, let’s just say it’s not going to be easy for M-Sport lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
The Puma WRC does look good, bit of a throwback with its size, I do wonder about its weight tho? Still wish they kept the Fiesta, But before you get too excited for next year, go check out the new Toyota Yaris in testing, let’s just say it’s not going to be easy for M-Sport lol
The Yaris WRC has been the car to beat for a few seasons now (Development cost are double m-sports) There has never been anything wrong with the Fiesta WRC regarding performance
and competitiveness just look at what Ogier/Evans did in it a couple of season back, the current driver line up is not going to win a WRC event in the next 5 yrs, Formaux has potential but I cant see Greensmith ever being competitive (Mathew Wilson MK2) Breen is on another level, look at his performance in Finland and the amount of seat time he has had.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
The Yaris WRC has been the car to beat for a few seasons now (Development cost are double m-sports) There has never been anything wrong with the Fiesta WRC regarding performance
and competitiveness just look at what Ogier/Evans did in it a couple of season back, the current driver line up is not going to win a WRC event in the next 5 yrs, Formaux has potential but I cant see Greensmith ever being competitive (Mathew Wilson MK2) Breen is on another level, look at his performance in Finland and the amount of seat time he has had.
Yes I agree, the big difference is the manufacturer backed teams like Toyota and Hyundai can afford the best drivers, but it’s going to be fascinating to watch next season for M-Sport with the new Puma and Breen, the car looks awesome I gotta say..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Breen could be an inspired signing and would expect him certainly to be pushing further up than Suninen and Greensmith. Like you say, whether they can develop the new Rally1 Puma to a high enough performance point. The Yaris does look handy in testing and Kalle Rovanpera is the real deal for the near future. With Ogier gone next year I'm expecting it to be a very close season and possibly a properly good ding-dong between Tanak and Rovanpera for the title?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I had a chat with my Ford Dealer about the lack of functionality in the wing mirrors (no powerfold, no puddle lights, not heated and no BLIS option). They advised the Door Control Module has been removed for the time-being and replaced with an alternative to bypass the need for the semiconductor part. They had to do this so they could open the order books on the facelift model, they couldn’t wait as they don’t know how long the shortage will last.
Will the mirrors even be power adjustable for position or will we be back to leaning over the passenger seat to fart around with a joystick?

I think if Ford can’t provide the functionality I have now then changing to the facelift is off the table.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Will the mirrors even be power adjustable for position or will we be back to leaning over the passenger seat to fart around with a joystick?

I think if Ford can’t provide the functionality I have now then changing to the facelift is off the table.
I would like to think they're leccy. Just the power fold that's not on. To be honest I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with them lol. For me it's the only way I know visually that I've locked my Puma. 🤣

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I would like to think they're leccy. Just the power fold that's not on. To be honest I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with them lol. For me it's the only way I know visually that I've locked my Puma. 🤣
So do they fold on key press just not from an internal button?
And does removal of BLIS not affect the safety rating and fly in the face of Ford making safer cars?
And I use powerfold to get down my very narrow drive to the parking area at the back. Doable without them in in a Fiesta- just.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
So do they fold on key press just not from an internal button?
And does removal of BLIS not affect the safety rating and fly in the face of Ford making safer cars?
And I use powerfold to get down my very narrow drive to the parking area at the back. Doable without them in in a Fiesta- just.
On my Puma it's both. Fold in On lock and an internal button as well.
I believe this was meant to be carried onto the face lift but Ford admitted a shortage of components so releasing without this feature.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,080 Posts
For me its the fact that maybe it avoids people hitting them by accident. I came back to my car today and the cars inbuilt "CCTV" said that it had one close call and I watched it just to see the lady who parked next to me just push a shopping cart just a few centimeters from my cars side without even looking and if the mirrors hadnt been folded the cart would have hit it. The only reason she even raised an her head was the fact that my car flashed all its lights at her.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
For me its the fact that maybe it avoids people hitting them by accident. I came back to my car today and the cars inbuilt "CCTV" said that it had one close call and I watched it just to see the lady who parked next to me just push a shopping cart just a few centimeters from my cars side without even looking and if the mirrors hadnt been folded the cart would have hit it. The only reason she even raised an her head was the fact that my car flashed all its lights at her.
Folding mirrors aren't going to protect your car from getting hit by useless and careless public idiots.
My last 2 cars were both hit by ********* that hit and run. Both costing me in excess of £500 to get repaired....one on the front nose cone and the other in the drivers wing at the bottom where it meets the side skirt.
At what point would a folding mirror have deflected these?

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,080 Posts
Folding mirrors aren't going to protect your car from getting hit by useless and careless public idiots.
My last 2 cars were both hit by * that hit and run. Both costing me in excess of £500 to get repaired....one on the front nose cone and the other in the drivers wing at the bottom where it meets the side skirt.
At what point would a folding mirror have deflected these?
I have seen so many people just walking between cars and hitting the mirrors... They could have saved the mirrors in many cases.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
So my dealer tells me today that power folding mirrors have not been available on STs since March 21 and BLIS was removed from September.

Is this true or is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

·
Registered
84 Posts
So my dealer tells me today that power folding mirrors have not been available on STs since March 21 and BLIS was removed from September.

Is this true or is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?
Surely if that was the case they'd have been churning more out. Honestly dunno though. I wasn't told anything like that when I ordered in August.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts