Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s not just me, but half of these Facebook groups are full of people with little to no brain cells. Someone posted a video of their car being stolen, apparently I’m shook as I wouldn’t risk my own life to even try and save my own car… 😂
It’s a wonder these people even have the ability to drive never mind anything else.

Black Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia

· Registered
60 Posts
It's not just me then. I take a peek at a couple of
groups on the missus ipad as I don't do the social media thing. Can't believe the absolute nonsense some people write. I only look about once a week as I may end up throwing ipad across the room.
Anyway wots de fattest tyre I can fit and I want to slam it lowww, how many coils can I cut off?

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I live my life in fear because I’d hand my keys over to someone who broke into my house demanding them, or I saw them trying to steal it. 😂

as much as I get it, a car is some metal and plastic and can be replaced, whereas a human can’t be replaced. I’m never risking my life for the sake of something that can be replaced 🤷🏻‍♂️

· Super Moderator
30,731 Posts
That's why I am not a member of any such groups and stick to this place.

What makes me laugh is most of the time the people who write such bravado comments are about as built as a twiglet. Yeah, sure mate, keep telling yourself you'll knock him out...

Oh and don't get me started on the spelling/grammar.

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why I am not a member of any such groups and stick to this place.

What makes me laugh is most of the time the people who write such bravado comments are about as built as a twiglet. Yeah, sure mate, keep telling yourself you'll knock him out...

Oh and don't get me started on the spelling/grammar.
Honestly, I'm not the smallest person going, but even if I was built like Dwayne Johnson, I still wouldn't, even though if someone came out of a house the size of him, they'd probably do a runner anyway!

I'm part of it just to see what stuff is for sale in reality / to try and sell the bits I took off my mk7, it just happened to pop up on my feed, but yeah the two who commented are built like twigs. Although someone did comment on the thread with a screenshot of what West Mids police pulled out of a stolen car, one item of which was a very large curved blade.

· Super Moderator
30,731 Posts
That's the problem, I'm no shrinking violet but I'm still just a bag of squishy mush as much as the next person and am no match for a blade or a bullet...which is sadly what you will face in these situations.

The kid commenting that no one is going to kill you for stopping a car theft is just ignorant to the fact. Many people have indeed been killed trying to do just that...

They're just jumped up little roadmen who only give lip when they're in a crowd and won't pipe up when they're on their own...but clutch on tightly to mummys favourite kitchen knife stuffed down their tracky bottoms.

· Registered
88 Posts
I don’t think anyone can truly know what they would do until the situation arises, I’m a short bloke that saw 2 little * on the camera trying next door’s car handles, they took a step towards mine and before I knew it I was at the front door confronting them,
Luckily for me their fight or flight reflex was to run,
I ended up being more scared of the wife’s fury of my stupidity than the 2 donuts that were out committing crimes 1.30am 😂😂
Hindsight tells me she was right but instincts were to protect my beautiful blue mistress 😁

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don’t think anyone can truly know what they would do until the situation arises, I’m a short bloke that saw 2 little * on the camera trying next door’s car handles, they took a step towards mine and before I knew it I was at the front door confronting them,
Luckily for me their fight or flight reflex was to run,
I ended up being more scared of the wife’s fury of my stupidity than the 2 donuts that were out committing crimes 1.30am 😂😂
Hindsight tells me she was right but instincts were to protect my beautiful blue mistress 😁
100% agree I would say something to someone trying doors, trying a car or whatever but I’d not get close enough for someone to do some harm to me, the way that half of car thieves are nowadays it’s always in the back of my mind.

· Registered
108 Posts
I'm in the groups but dont comment, I just read them for some light entertainment. Same as reading the Facebook comments on the page for my employer, some of them are hilarious.

Totally agree with the comments about car being replaceable, us not. Yes it'd be heartbreaking but that's what insurance etc is for, and I'd still be here to enjoy the next car.

Wouldn't be happy at driving the wife's Renault about while I acquire one though. Shuddering at the thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts