Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Sorry to divert your intended direction but you do have to wonder why they make such a conspicuous fuss over 'camouflage'.

Camouflage is supposed to make you blend in to the environmental background and yet if it passed by you couldn't help be instantly drawn to looking at it. It's like wearing Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat to a nun's convention.

I get it for completely new models but that's just a dark coloured focus with tiny imperceptible tweeks, it just looks like all the others. Surely it's best camouflage was to do nothing... unless you WANT it to be spotted of course.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Sorry to divert your intended direction but you do have to wonder why they make such a conspicuous fuss over 'camouflage'.

Camouflage is supposed to make you blend in to the environmental background and yet if it passed by you couldn't help be instantly drawn to looking at it. It's like wearing Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat to a nun's convention.

I get it for completely new models but that's just a dark coloured focus with tiny imperceptible tweeks, it just looks like all the others. Surely it's best camouflage was to do nothing... unless you WANT it to be spotted of course.
They're not trying to hide the car, making it blend into the background wouldn't be very good for safety would it?

The designs they use are to hide the details like the lights, body lines etc

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
As above, the camouflage blurs the perception of the shape you see. Meaning new models/facelifts etc can be tested in public eye but not actually seen properly.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Really? The lights aren't hidden at all, you can't, and neither are the contours. Are you telling me that under that covering the apparently completely flat bonnet has a six inch high air scoop?, that on the back hidden by a thin layer of vinyl is a top secret 'go faster' whale tail?

Superfluous attention seeking guff says I. Indulgent industry self promotion... "ooh look at us, we did some work" when in truth there's virtually no difference.

All standard cars are pretty much homogenised these days anyway. I bet not even the team who designed the facelift tweeks themselves would notice an unclad version driving past them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I maybe proved wrong, but I would not be surprised if there is no face lift in the traditional sense e.g. mk7 to mk 7.5. I wonder if there maybe just a few very minor new features added. Seems to be the way most manufactures are going about with facelifts now (not really changing styling just adding new tech and lights).

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Of course you will be able to depict large changes... But you won't get the full picture.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Really? The lights aren't hidden at all, you can't, and neither are the contours. Are you telling me that under that covering the apparently completely flat bonnet has a six inch high air scoop?, that on the back hidden by a thin layer of vinyl is a top secret 'go faster' whale tail?

Superfluous attention seeking guff says I. Indulgent industry self promotion... "ooh look at us, we did some work" when in truth there's virtually no difference.

All standard cars are pretty much homogenised these days anyway. I bet not even the team who designed the facelift tweeks themselves would notice an unclad version driving past them.
Parts of the lights are visible, they need to be to so it can go on the road.

From those pictures you can't make out the new shape of the front lights, bumper, bonnet line, bonnet and wing shape to suit new headlights, rear lights, boot lid and rear wings shape to suit new rear lights.

They would have done the same for the mk7.5 fiesta and mk3.5 focus, you could tell what it was but not the final details of the facelift.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I maybe proved wrong, but I would not be surprised if there is no face lift in the traditional sense e.g. mk7 to mk 7.5. I wonder if there maybe just a few very minor new features added. Seems to be the way most manufactures are going about with facelifts now (not really changing styling just adding new tech and lights).
...new tech that, as we've found, sounds like a leap forwards, but once you have it quickly becomes annoying and you realise you never needed anyway and switch off (see auto main beam, auto lights, auto braking, lane correction, keyless entry etc etc).

The Emperor's new clothes springs to mind.

NB - and yes, I do appear to have been beaten close to death with the cynical stick overnight 😂

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Camouflage is to prevent pre production renders.

As others have said, when you can't see subtle lines, you can't produce accurate renders. So, yes, you see the basic lines of the car, but that's about it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
They generally have a little tweaklift a few years after launch i'll be keeping hold of mine though as i know i'd get reamed to much on part ex...
I hope i don't like it too much when it comes out :lol:

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Mk6 had a face-lift... Mk7 didn't (ST).

Mk6 ST was released at the end of the first stage though, whereas the Mk7 was only out at "7.5"

Would make sense for there to be a change for the Mk8 seeing as the ST variant was from day one.

As for how drastic.... Mk6 update was lights and dash. Mk7 was bumper/grille and lights.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
As mentioned in a previous thread, I reckon you'll see new DRL pattern, potentially a new grill mesh pattern and the digital dash from the Puma.

Maybe even the dynamic cruise control? Light up door sills? Painted shark fin aerial? Hard to say when the current car already seems modern and up to date imo

Probably revealed later this year or about this time next year

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
As mentioned in a previous thread, I reckon you'll see new DRL pattern, potentially a new grill mesh pattern and the digital dash from the Puma.

Maybe even the dynamic cruise control? Light up door sills? Painted shark fin aerial? Hard to say when the current car already seems modern and up to date imo

Probably revealed later this year or about this time next year
Almost certain the Puma dash will make an appearance I'd say

·
Registered
159 Posts
I worked in the motor industry on pre launch and prototype vehicles and was told the zebra black and white camouflage stops a camera getting a good image of the outline shape.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts