Fiesta ST Forums banner
221 - 240 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Yes, you got it cheaper but you got a sizeable discount.
Not a massive discount, its more that prices went crazy due to covid impact very soon after. A 25k car turned into a 28k car and the standard models have followed as they always do. Its just unusual to see the affects of inflation in such a short time period.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Some thoughts I have.

Fogs
I was curious about the dropping of the fog lights. It appears that this is becoming a trend. It may be the case that the headlights are so good now that the fog lights aren't necessary... New trend - luxury car makers are dropping fog lamps | Team-BHP.
Not sure how convinced I am of that though. Might be a bit of a cost cutting measure too.

Digital Dash
I personally like the idea of the digital dash as I think it opens up some new possibilities. However I'm not convinced the Fiestas is going to be very good given the videos I've watched from the Focus and Puma. My biggest issue is the fact that it has ridiculous animations when you're cycling through options so that everything takes unnecessary extra time.
(This actually affects the current car a bit too but only in a small way... Try cycling through the options on the dash. Each press you have to wait on the silly animation to finish. It's infuriating)

Seats
They do look a bit strange. I could probably get used to them though and the extra adjustability might be welcome.

General Looks
Meh. I mean i wouldn't necessarily say it looks worse overall, but I definitely don't think it looks better.
Alloys are nice enough. And I like the front lip. I'm not so sure about the grille and oversized ford logo.

Power
Extra torque is nice for sure!

Colours
I'll wait till I see the rest. I do like the green but I do wonder if I'd get sick of it after a while.

Some things I think they've missed with this update:
  • The main infotainment screen looks dated and cheap. How hard would it be to put in a screen with less bezel? It also has the same low quality buttons. Shame, as this should have been an easy (and cheap) improvement to make.
  • I like the B&O speakers in my MK8 but being fussy, I think they could be better. For starters, the tweeter placement isn't great in the current car being so high up the dash. This appears to be solved in the Puma though as the tweeters are closer to the driver.
  • I would really like to see an adaptive suspension on the Fiesta and think this would be a really nice upgrade. I think I remember an interview where one of the fiesta engineers said they would have liked to have done so, but it wasn't really possible given the price of car. I think it could be a worthy extra though for those willing to pay it.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
new price list comments..

Heated seats/steering wheel now optional on st2/3.
b&o now optional on st3

PP now optional for st2 again

I prefer the design of the new unique st2 wheels
St2/3 specs now closer
I can see the st2 becoming more popular again (smile Ken!!)

new colour boundless blue (all fiesta models), bye bye silver and ford performance blue!!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
new price list comments..

Heated seats/steering wheel now optional on st2/3.
b&o now optional on st3

PP now optional for st2 again

I prefer the design of the new unique st2 wheels
St2/3 specs now closer
I can see the st2 becoming more popular again (smile Ken!!)

new colour boundless blue (all fiesta models), bye bye silver and ford performance blue!!
Good point, long live the ST2.
Here's me with a 3 on order. 🤣

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
To be honest as facelifts go it's not too much of a difference. And not offensive, the digital display should make up for lack of Recaro for some.

I am still pleased I'm getting a none facelift and am looking forward to seeing the new look in person. Especially the new colour choices.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
As ford described;
New exterior styling across the range includes a bonnet design that increases the height of the nose, combined with larger upper grilles. The Ford “blue oval” badge is now displayed within the grille, rather than on the bonnet lip, contributing to greater road presence.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like the mean green, ST3 wheels and digital dash. Not keen on seats. Waiting on my ST3, due in December. I think i'll ask dealer how long I'd have to wait for new model.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Like the mean green, ST3 wheels and digital dash. Not keen on seats. Waiting on my ST3, due in December. I think i'll ask dealer how long I'd have to wait for new model.
If i was waiting i would probably go for the new model, but i love the silver fox colour so i wouldn't change mine.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Some thoughts I have.

Fogs
I was curious about the dropping of the fog lights. It appears that this is becoming a trend. It may be the case that the headlights are so good now that the fog lights aren't necessary... New trend - luxury car makers are dropping fog lamps | Team-BHP.
Not sure how convinced I am of that though. Might be a bit of a cost cutting measure too.
Headlight output has nothing to do with fogs.

They've always been an optional extra or 'thrown in' as they're not a legal requirement.

I for one am happy to see the back of them, as people always use them incorrectly anyway.

As for this face-lift, it was a long time coming. The Mk8 was toned down and became more "mainstream" to appeal to even more of the masses after the success of the Mk7 variant. So for it to be even more dull is no surprise. Saw someone compare it to a later Ka, which I can see.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Headlight output has nothing to do with fogs.

They've always been an optional extra or 'thrown in' as they're not a legal requirement.

I for one am happy to see the back of them, as people always use them incorrectly anyway.

As for this face-lift, it was a long time coming. The Mk8 was toned down and became more "mainstream" to appeal to even more of the masses after the success of the Mk7 variant. So for it to be even more dull is no surprise. Saw someone compare it to a later Ka, which I can see.
It says the fogs are integrated in the headlights on the ST2 lights but doesn't mention anything about fogs on the matrix ST3 headlights, so i am not sure if the ST3 has them.

221 - 240 of 272 Posts