Fiesta ST Forums banner
241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do like the digital dash, the steering wheel mode buttons, and the matrix headlamps. I wonder if the new headlamps are the same size and can be retrofitted? Or because of the change in bonnet height, they are different sizes. There was no end of trouble with retrofitting the bi-leds and steering wheel buttons previously, needing FORScan voodoo black magic know-how…

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,080 Posts
Agreed about incorrect use of fog lights.

The "turn" feature on the fog lights and useless. Glad that will be gone, if it is.
It has its uses. Sadly it doesn't work that well with Fiestas fogs as they don't turn and are not that bright. What we need are proper turning headlights. That's a one thing I miss from my MK3.5 Focus ST. You didn't have to go into corners without seeing the inside of the corner. It gets dark here, I mean really dark, so it's quite useful. Same thing when turning at city speeds, you could see more of where you were turning (like how icy, wet, how high is the curb, people, bicyclists...).

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I like the green paint and the digital dash. Sliding seat base is nice, but not worth losing the recaros for. 10 extra torque also nice, but doubt I would even notice much difference. Those seats would put me off swapping to a mk8.5 I'm afraid. Nose looks softer, blander IMO.

Improvements they could have done to really lift the car and stop the main criticism about the interior - updated sync 3 as well as the dash display so it also looked more modern. Changed the stitching on the seats and steering wheel to match the exterior paint (red stitching green car?!) Little touches like that go a long way as evidenced by the VW marque.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I would definitely like the splitter, and I like the darker rear lights, although I have seen people with wrapped smoked lights which give the same effect. I wouldn’t mind the extra bit of torque, maybe Ford will offer the map to the mk8. I’m a fan of the puddle lights, and the seats are ok, but look a little bit cheap, like the cheap office racing seats on Amazon ( I’m sure someone else said that on here too), and that sliding bit at the front looks flimsy. The front doesn’t look aggressive, just abit ‘Corsa’. So to sum up, I feel like I could just add some subtle mods and achieve the same car…what’s the point? Hell, there was a guy on Facebook that successfully retrofitted the Puma screen into his mk8…

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've just ordered one in mean green, ST3 spec with my 68 plate in px for £237 month.
My PCP was at an end in Dec so I felt like it would be best to buy one considering the £5000 equity I have in mine as a deposit.

It's going to be a waiting game though which I'm terrible at 😆

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I don’t think it looks like a Corsa at all, big difference with the grille for starters, I was a bit iffy at first? But I quite like the front end now, each to there own I guess..
I don't dislike it, I just think its a little too soft for the ST. For the standard models its a reasonable look. The only real dislike I have is the new seats.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
If only Ford had bought the new entertainment screen on the Fiesta update, it would have really lifted the car interior to where it really needs to be (for most people)

I'd miss the hard buttons personally (I find it hard to operate the screen sometimes in such a firm car unless the road is silky smooth) but I know the majority want it all on the screen.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm a button man myself jimble 😆, Having a button you can feel without taking your eyes off the road is better in my opinion.

I wonder how many accidents these screen could/will cause when drivers are trying to change a setting and arnt concentrating on the road ahead.

But like you say, I suppose people want all this touch screen stuff now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If only Ford had bought the new entertainment screen on the Fiesta update, it would have really lifted the car interior to where it really needs to be (for most people)

I'd miss the hard buttons personally (I find it hard to operate the screen sometimes in such a firm car unless the road is silky smooth) but I know the majority want it all on the screen.
I find it hard to shift gears on a bumpy road so fiddling with the screen would be even harder.

241 - 260 of 272 Posts