Fiesta ST Forums banner
261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
If only Ford had bought the new entertainment screen on the Fiesta update, it would have really lifted the car interior to where it really needs to be (for most people)

I'd miss the hard buttons personally (I find it hard to operate the screen sometimes in such a firm car unless the road is silky smooth) but I know the majority want it all on the screen.
I do like the look of the new Focus. That screen is massive!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
It syncs (groan!) with the digital dash so much better than the sync 3 - if they had done this in the Fiesta update it would have made the update a much more interesting proposition. As it is, only the extra torque and improved headlights grabbed my attention. (well and the green but I love my Azure blue) otherwise, everything seems like a neutral change or even a downgrade. Even the digital dash which makes the interior feel a confused jumble of shiny new and plastic old (sync 3)

That said, in a way I am glad they didn't, I don't want to be tempted out of the ST Edition for a long time lol

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,080 Posts
The no buttons or no buttons question. I think Ford nailed it with MK8 Fiesta. Screen does what its supposed to and youd still have the buttons for the stuff you really need. I have already noticed how much more I have to look for buttons to press as the Tesla 3s screen is huge and the buttons arent that big. Maybe with more time Ill learn to find the most used ones faster or something but... I love the interface and I actually dont HAVE to use the touch screen to do anything else than to control my heated seats and selecting driving mode. Thats all I need to drive it as everything else is automated and actually works. Everything else is done by the stalks or the steering wheel. So actually, do you need the touch buttons; no, is it better to have them for some things; yes, is it good to have buttons for everything; hell no (Im not going back to those middle consoles with more keys then your normal computer keyboard has).

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Touch screens are rubbish. The control wheel system in a BMW or what used to be in Audi is far easier to use and MUCH safer on the move.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Touch screens are rubbish. The control wheel system in a BMW or what used to be in Audi is far easier to use and MUCH safer on the move.
No they are not. But I think the Sync 3 is kinda in the sweetspot. All I needed to do by touching it was to add reports to Waze, to enter an address and to change settings. Tesla is a bit too much into the touch screen even if their actually works unlike VAG cars and on the other hand I have hated every "smart" BMW system I have ever tried. Trying to be analog and smart don't go well together. That's why I really liked the Sync 3:s balancing act it managed.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
No they are not. But I think the Sync 3 is kinda in the sweetspot. All I needed to do by touching it was to add reports to Waze, to enter an address and to change settings. Tesla is a bit too much into the touch screen even if their actually works unlike VAG cars and on the other hand I have hated every "smart" BMW system I have ever tried. Trying to be analog and smart don't go well together. That's why I really liked the Sync 3:s balancing act it managed.
Trying to hit I screen whilst on the move is wrong. Not much different to using phone.
With a control wheel you can perform many changes from memory and not take your eyes off the road.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ford are being quite aggressive with the switchover to the new 'brand image'. First Fiesta and now Focus which were kinda due for their updates. Do we think anything else might get an early makeover? Puma, Kuga etc?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Trying to hit I screen whilst on the move is wrong. Not much different to using phone.
With a control wheel you can perform many changes from memory and not take your eyes off the road.
But I could do that with Sync 3 for the most basic tasks.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Ford are being quite aggressive with the switchover to the new 'brand image'. First Fiesta and now Focus which were kinda due for their updates. Do we think anything else might get an early makeover? Puma, Kuga etc?
Not sure Ford are being aggressive about anything really? just some facelifts thats all, what do you mean about new 'brand image'?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure Ford are being aggressive about anything really? just some facelifts thats all, what do you mean about new 'brand image'?
They've mentioned in a few marketing places about the frontend facelifts all being about the new Ford look. By aggressive I just meant they're pressing on with the announcements of the facelifts even in these strange times of not being able to build enough cars and with in our case so many unfulfilled back orders.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts