Fiesta ST Forums banner
121 - 140 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
As a side, you can plug in a bluetooth thing into the port and run an app on your preferred smart deice and link to the screen to show all sorts of engine parameters.

I haven't really looked into to it but seen some pics and looked ok if you are into that, probably good for track days and not much else.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
As a side, you can plug in a bluetooth thing into the port and run an app on your preferred smart deice and link to the screen to show all sorts of engine parameters.

I haven't really looked into to it but seen some pics and looked ok if you are into that, probably good for track days and not much else.
I have got this but i haven't used it in ages. You can choose oil temperature but it doesn't have oil pressure. Also the boost reading maxes out and can't read any higher than a certain amount (can't remember the exact figure but i think it is less than the maximum boost on the ST). It does look really smart though, think i might start using it again.
Gauge Line Measuring instrument Auto part Font
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
243 Posts
Agreed, it ain't broke so why 'fix' it?... rhetorical question... because it probably shaves about tuppence off the production cost 🙄

Like all the other electronic gimmicks, all pain and no gain 👎

Also, whilst oil, boost and water are all there so too is the 'traction control off' symbol in the bottom left corner and the little chequered flag at the bottom. Might that view only come up in track mode and thus not be there anyway in normal and sport modes?
Keithsson, you are quite right it was in track mode at the time of taking, the gauges are in a selectable menu so can be displayed whatever drive mode you are in. It's one of a number of displays much like in the current display so if fuel economy is your thing or just a blank screen or navigation info etc etc

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I have got this but i haven't used it in ages. You can choose oil temperature but it doesn't have oil pressure. Also the boost reading maxes out and can't read any higher than a certain amount (can't remember the exact figure but i think it is less than the maximum boost on the ST). It does look really smart though, think i might start using it again. View attachment 583900 View attachment 583901
I Don't remember it looking like that, but that bottom one is tidy, although it's the boost and oil pressure as well as temp that would actually be of use if accurate.

Nice gimmick all the same.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I Don't remember it looking like that, but that bottom one is tidy, although it's the boost and oil pressure as well as temp that would actually be of use if accurate.

Nice gimmick all the same.
The app is really customable, you can choose loads of different options and colours. You could have 1 massive dial or up to 8 (i think), i prefer the bottom style to the top one but i sort of lost interest when i found out about the limit on the boost pressure as i wanted to see the difference between stock and the map i have got. All the other readings are accurate though.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
What have you seen that suggests otherwise?
You get you are answering a question with a question right? It makes it look like you have made an assumption, framed it as a statement or fact and are either unwilling to back it up or unable.

For the record, I agree its likely to be digital, at least as an option - its a relatively straightforward transplant from the Puma which is based on the Fiesta platform, and goes some way to addressing recent criticisms in car comparison articles, namely that the interior is a little dull, and that the technology is lacking compared to newer rivals.

Anyway, its difficult to prove a negative - an absence of change as no manufacturer produces a press release saying "and this is what we aren't changing" but lots of the articles on the mk8.5 do not mention a digital dash:

Carwow specifically claim the dashboard binnacle looks untouched https://www.carwow.co.uk/ford/fiesta/news/5144/new-ford-fiesta-price-specs-release-date
Autocar make no mention of the dashboard at all 2022 Ford Fiesta: updated hatch seen in ST-Line and entry trims | Autocar
Carscoop also make no mention Facelifted 2022 Ford Fiesta Spied Showing Its Sportier Side In ST-Line Trim | Carscoops
Autoevolution also make no mention 2022 Ford Fiesta Facelift Shows Off Minimal Changes With One Angry Driver Behind the Wheel

Autoexpress do make a claim that the digital dash "some models will receive the fully digital dashboard" which makes it sound like it may be standard in some models (sporty and luxury versions at a guess?) and potentially an option in others. This kind of feels like the most realistic approach to me. New 2021 Ford Fiesta facelift caught on camera with less camouflage | Auto Express

Otherwise only a number of Ford employees know for sure right now. No idea if you are one, or if the previous poster with the puma dashboard picture is one but I have yet to see anyone produce actual proof. All of which is a lot of effort for something I don't actually care a huge amount about, jokes on me lol :LOL:

Edit. Apologies Tsotsi8787 if I sound arsey in all of that, got woken up at 4am two days running and I'm feeling grumpy, not at you tho!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
You get you are answering a question with a question right? It makes it look like you have made an assumption, framed it as a statement or fact and are either unwilling to back it up or unable.

For the record, I agree its likely to be digital, at least as an option - its a relatively straightforward transplant from the Puma which is based on the Fiesta platform, and goes some way to addressing recent criticisms in car comparison articles, namely that the interior is a little dull, and that the technology is lacking compared to newer rivals.

Anyway, its difficult to prove a negative - an absence of change as no manufacturer produces a press release saying "and this is what we aren't changing" but lots of the articles on the mk8.5 do not mention a digital dash:

Carwow specifically claim the dashboard binnacle looks untouched https://www.carwow.co.uk/ford/fiesta/news/5144/new-ford-fiesta-price-specs-release-date
Autocar make no mention of the dashboard at all 2022 Ford Fiesta: updated hatch seen in ST-Line and entry trims | Autocar
Carscoop also make no mention Facelifted 2022 Ford Fiesta Spied Showing Its Sportier Side In ST-Line Trim | Carscoops
Autoevolution also make no mention 2022 Ford Fiesta Facelift Shows Off Minimal Changes With One Angry Driver Behind the Wheel

Autoexpress do make a claim that the digital dash "some models will receive the fully digital dashboard" which makes it sound like it may be standard in some models (sporty and luxury versions at a guess?) and potentially an option in others. This kind of feels like the most realistic approach to me. New 2021 Ford Fiesta facelift caught on camera with less camouflage | Auto Express

Otherwise only a number of Ford employees know for sure right now. No idea if you are one, or if the previous poster with the puma dashboard picture is one but I have yet to see anyone produce actual proof. All of which is a lot of effort for something I don't actually care a huge amount about, jokes on me lol :LOL:

Edit. Apologies Tsotsi8787 if I sound arsey in all of that, got woken up at 4am two days running and I'm feeling grumpy, not at you tho!
T’was somewhat arsey, I was merely just wondering what you had seen was all…I appreciate your acknowledgment, however , in future I will be sure to answer directly to a question to end the conversation as quickly as possible. 🤙 😬

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I have got this but i haven't used it in ages. You can choose oil temperature but it doesn't have oil pressure. Also the boost reading maxes out and can't read any higher than a certain amount (can't remember the exact figure but i think it is less than the maximum boost on the ST). It does look really smart though, think i might start using it again. View attachment 583900 View attachment 583901
What app is that? I use Torque Pro on a Samsung Galaxy phone which works great, but never been able to get it to mirror to the Sync screen.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
T’was somewhat arsey, I was merely just wondering what you had seen was all…I appreciate your acknowledgment, however , in future I will be sure to answer directly to a question to end the conversation as quickly as possible. 🤙 😬
Yeah, I realised after I typed it all out & clicked submit how it sounded, I'm tired & grumpy today but that's nothing to do with you or the forum so my apologies for being an arse :)

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Enjoying the simple experience of just driving a car seems to be a quaint and old fashioned notion now... the experience gets more and more 'vagazzled' every day 🙄

One day they'll reinvent the wheel and strip away all this gimmickery to get back the purity of driving... they'll call it 'retro', 'heritage' or 'vintage' spec and just driving a nice car will be seen as 'cool' enough again.

Until then, thankfully, there's still an off button for those of us who never lost sight of what was truly cool in the first place and don't need all these sequins and glitter on their 'foo' 😎

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Lol, he Asked because you said “everything you had seen so far suggests otherwise“. He just asked what you had seen.
And I'd just asked what he'd seen that said it does as I haven't seen a single article claim it 100% does. Answering a question with a question doesn't move the conversation forward, just in a closed loop

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
Enjoying the simple experience of just driving a car seems to be a quaint and old fashioned notion now... the experience gets more and more 'vagazzled' every day 🙄

One day they'll reinvent the wheel and strip away all this gimmickery to get back the purity of driving... they'll call it 'retro', 'heritage' or 'vintage' spec and just driving a nice car will be seen as 'cool' enough again.

Until then, thankfully, there's still an off button for those of us who never lost sight of what was truly cool in the first place and don't need all these sequins and glitter on their 'foo' 😎
It's already a thing, it's called a Caterham or a Morgan... Or for those not in the market for a British sports car... A Dacia! 🤣

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
What app is that? I use Torque Pro on a Samsung Galaxy phone which works great, but never been able to get it to mirror to the Sync screen.
Yeah, Id love to know as I miss it. I had my GPS speed, oil temps, exact water temps, boost etc on my sync screen. I worked with a developer, beta tested and helped the dev to make it work but I stopped using it after Google decided to disable certain things from Android auto and it stopped working.

EDIT: Oh it's the good old OBD2AA app. Xda developer has a topic about it and how to use it. Works straight away on mine.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
It was ages ago and i cannot remember exactly, but you need the Torque Pro app, Android Auto in developer mode and the OBD2AA app. I did a post on here on how to do it but can't find it at the moment, if i find it i will let you know. There are a few videos on you tube as well.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
If you already have torque pro and an OBD reader have a look at this video on youtube 'How To Use Torque Pro On Your Head Unit through Android Auto' (this is on channel 'Mikes House of Mods'. This is what i watched to get it working.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
If you already have torque pro and an OBD reader have a look at this video on youtube 'How To Use Torque Pro On Your Head Unit through Android Auto' (this is on channel 'Mikes House of Mods'. This is what i watched to get it working.
Its a bit off topic but that doesnt work anymore. XDA Labs is no more and you have to go to the XDA Forums and search for OBD2AA. Thats the exact app I was talking about helping with testing and translations. Just came back home after setting things up. Working boost gauge, oil/water temps, OBD speed (about the same as GPS speed), intake air temp on custom color scheme and custom ST background... Man I missed these. They didnt work for ages as Google disabled them.

EDIT: Oh and the gauges are blank on data in the picture because the car was turned off and after this I adjusted a few gauge settings. For example the boost can spike at 1.6bars with M235 in second gear and I lowered the boost gauges max readout to 2bars to be able to read it better. And one nice thing about this is that you can set it to add a notification when your water/oil is up to temp of your choosing.
Light Audio equipment Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics

121 - 140 of 243 Posts