Fiesta ST Forums banner
141 - 160 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I'd love to have a go in a caterham or similar, never had the opportunity, bet it's very different

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Its a bit off topic but that doesnt work anymore. XDA Labs is no more and you have to go to the XDA Forums and search for OBD2AA. Thats the exact app I was talking about helping with testing and translations. Just came back home after setting things up. Working boost gauge, oil/water temps, OBD speed (about the same as GPS speed), intake air temp on custom color scheme and custom ST background... Man I missed these. They didnt work for ages as Google disabled them.

EDIT: Oh and the gauges are blank on data in the picture because the car was turned off and after this I adjusted a few gauge settings. For example the boost can spike at 1.6bars with M235 in second gear and I lowered the boost gauges max readout to 2bars to be able to read it better. And one nice thing about this is that you can set it to add a notification when your water/oil is up to temp of your choosing.
View attachment 583903
I went to try mine just now as i haven't used it for a year and luckily everything still works ok. I like your carbon look background, i went for the Ford Performance logo on mine but it was a total pain to get that to work. I read a post by a tuner who said something like the boost will only go to a certain level is because of the obd port or something (i can't remember the exact figure but it is less than what the ST makes). I hope to eventually add a boost gauge in the air vent.
Audio equipment Gas Font Technology Machine

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
I went to try mine just now as i haven't used it for a year and luckily everything still works ok. I like your carbon look background, i went for the Ford Performance logo on mine but it was a total pain to get that to work. I read a post by a tuner who said something like the boost will only go to a certain level is because of the obd port or something (i can't remember the exact figure but it is less than what the ST makes). I hope to eventually add a boost gauge in the air vent.
Well have to make a new topic on this now BUT. Does anybody actually know how much boost stock ST is supposed to make. And how much for example M235 Mountune one should make.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I'd love to have a go in a caterham or similar, never had the opportunity, bet it's very different

I have not driven one but have been a passenger at a track day in a 7 or some sort not sure what make but had a 210 BHP duratec on carbs that a true car nut and historic bike racer I know owned. (he also has a fully caged track 924 porker that I can't even begin to get in)
It was very strange no comprehension of speed but felt 70 mph at 20 and also felt like 70 mph at 140 too.
being sideways when sat on the rear axle was like being on the waltzers in the 1980s before H&S got involved.
I was offered a drive but the was fixed seat position and set for a man over a foot shorter than me so was impossible.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Cheers lads. Cost me $1.99 but got it working. Just need to work out how to get the custom background. Is it safe to leave the ODB dongle plugged in all the time - not gonna drain the battery or anything?

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Cheers lads. Cost me $1.99 but got it working. Just need to work out how to get the custom background. Is it safe to leave the ODB dongle plugged in all the time - not gonna drain the battery or anything?
Glad you got it working, not sure about leaving the dongle plugged in all the time, i personally wouldn't but it might be ok.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Glad you got it working, not sure about leaving the dongle plugged in all the time, i personally wouldn't but it might be ok.
Might go unplug it. Don't want to get up to a dead battery in the morning. My old VW Tiguan had a dongle plugged in for a couple of years that never did any harm, but don't want to risk it.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Had one plugged into my FoST diesel with diesel burning heater that takes A LOT of electricity the whole 1.5years and no battery problems. Even with Finnish cold winters. So no problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went to try mine just now as i haven't used it for a year and luckily everything still works ok. I like your carbon look background, i went for the Ford Performance logo on mine but it was a total pain to get that to work. I read a post by a tuner who said something like the boost will only go to a certain level is because of the obd port or something (i can't remember the exact figure but it is less than what the ST makes). I hope to eventually add a boost gauge in the air vent. View attachment 583904
is anything like this available for an iPhone/Apple? I like gauges 😁

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I’m not sure on the big Ford badge on the grill, also it’s got different lights to what I’ve seen, but the Ford badge matches that of the test mule…

141 - 160 of 243 Posts