Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Hi,
Right I've just fitted my AP Coilover's Today and was wondering how low down people have the adjuster set too (Front & Rear) ..?

I currently have my Front's set about 3-4 Thread's from the bottom and It's scrubbing like Fu*k on the Wheel Arch

I've never had a set of Coilover's before so I gather It's just a case of Trial & Error to get the right height Etc..?

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
i've got kw's variant 1 n my standard alloys used to scrub when i had a car full n hit corners fast.

the front arch is fingers width from the top of my tyre n the back is two fingers. so opposite to this symbol Gesture Finger Font Thumb Parallel altho i'm pretty sure this symbol isn't one on how to set up your suspension.
heard its better to have the front slightly lower than the back for a good handling set-up.

with standard alloys i had scrubbing set up like this on my own when i hit a large bump or on the rare occasion when i got some hangtime :/

Attachments

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for your Input GL

I have Pro Race 1.2's (40 something offset) And you can BARELY get the tip of your FINGER In between the Arch/Tyre

So I think I need to raise It a little,The Rear's I currently haven't adjusted so It's like a Monster Truck
I'll sort them out Tomorrow!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Im getting my coilovers installed soon, 3-4 threads from the bottom sounds low or am I wrong.. I hope to achieve 35mm all round.

Hows the ride so far compared to stock? enjoying it?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Yeah that was FAR to low,I nearly ripped my D/S/F Arch off when I turned

I now have the Front's set at around 8 Thread's and IMO It's perfect (For me)

It's awesome,Im Fu*king loving them.The handling Is Immense!

Best mod I've EVER done (Yet)

·
Registered
231 Posts
i am unsure which to buy a set of eibach springs or ap coilovers, i want to go about 35-40mm its just are they worth the 450 notes ?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO It depend's what your going to be using your ST for ^ ..?

If you just want It lower and look better then just get Spring's,If your planning a few Track Day's Etc get some Coilover's

·
Registered
368 Posts
i found i had rubbing on anything lower than roughly 10 turns from the bottom on the front - the adjuster should be under half way of the shock. havent had any rubbing on the rear all the way down.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Can't remember what my fronts are, but back is all the way down
I have back higher than the front and it handles brilliantly!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your Input guy's ^

Im happy with the Front but going to drop the back down more Tonight as It's a little high

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have standard alloys, and have lowered the car on WEITEC Hicon GT coilovers.

I have it lowered all round to 30cm, measured from the top of the arch to the centre of the hub and have not yet experienced rubbing.

Jim

·
Registered
380 Posts
My APs on the rear are at the top so as low as you can go. At the front they are about 3 threads away I think. Go for what feels best for you but dont forget everything has to settle so it will go lower

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I've now got my Rear's maxed out at the top and the Front's are roughly 8-10 Thread's up from the bottom

STFEZ - Is that 3 Thread's away from the Bottom..?If so....HOW..?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah,Im happy with the way It Is so I'm just going to leave It.

Plus as STFEZ said It's need's to settle down yet so will drop a little lower yet

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah thats 3 away from the bottom I do believe. Ive got the standard tyres side which is 205 and not had a problem, even with adults in the back.

Just if you do go Low take it steady over speed bumps cause you'll feel it a heck of a lot more and might damage something.

My APs took about 4 months to settle down properly and Im thinking of taking the rear adjusters out to get that 10mm drop more.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have the v1 kw and I had mine about 10-15 mm from the bottom, scrubbed alot when I first got my oz wheels on, gone up another 10 mm and the wheels sit just rite in the arches. Only scrubs on hard cornering and large bumps, I'm a pro low kinda person though lol.

Jamie

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
STFEZ - I just cant understand how you are 3 Thread's from the bottom on the Front

Mine are nearly half way and there scrubbing again now..?So Im not sure If they've settle down a little or what..?

Im running 205/40 Tyre's but Pro Race 1.2 Wheel's.Im going to get my Arche's rolled and then see what It's like..?I dont want to heigten It.

·
Registered
380 Posts
TBH I dont know why they arent scrubbing. Maybe because the person before who had the car had coileys on and has taken the arches away already cause there are some holes on them but there is still plenty of room. A good few centimetres.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm strange..?

Personally though I think you can go too low and 3 Thread's from the bottom would proberly be too much for me (IMO)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts