Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that I don't have a rear crash bar on my 2020 ST.
Can someone tell me why some Fiesta's have them and some don't?
I'm thinking of fitting one, but need some part-numbers with price for the crash-bar and the bolts.
Can someone look into this? Many thanks!
Grille Mesh Fence Bumper Wire fencing

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
What makes you think you don’t have one? A crash bar would be an integral safety feature and part of the safety rating given to the car when tested. If it’s missing I can only imagine it has been removed due to a previous crash damage and never replaced which would be dangerous

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,146 Posts
It's gotta be behind the rear bumper surely, it's part of the crash protection design and also the chassis structure and rigidity so definitely should be there imo

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What makes you think you don’t have one? A crash bar would be an integral safety feature and part of the safety rating given to the car when tested. If it’s missing I can only imagine it has been removed due to a previous crash damage and never replaced which would be dangerous
It's gotta be behind the rear bumper surely, it's part of the crash protection design and also the chassis structure and rigidity so definitely should be there imo
I Totally agree, but I read it before somewhere on the forum.
My car was bought new and never had an accident.
Will ask my Ford-dealer about it.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's very odd if it doesn't have one fitted? are you sure its not there?

BEAM ASSY (LESS TRAILER COUPLING, REAR BUMPER BEAM)
PH1BB-A41400-AB

£104
Thanks for the info!
The part-discription suggests it has to do with a towbar. ST's aren't allowed to tow anything, so maybe this is the reason.
Yes i'm sure. Some fellow ST owners also miss this beam in the Netherlands. Even contacted some scrapyards; all their Fiesta's (not specific ST-models) don't have it.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
yup, that works, not sure how much protection the crash bar gives at high speed but i imagine the crash test evaluation would have required it to be there when they scored the car. I would be contacting Ford for your country and questioning this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts