Fiesta ST Forums banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yep I enquired today with Fred, he was really helpful, I don’t have mountune exhaust so I will fit miltek resonated with sport cat full system
Awesome, the whole thing for me is if spending that kind of money on an inlet it needs to have the paperwork otherwise may aswell save the cash and just go fusion fab.

My white one had a full scorpion and they were happy to sign it off but couldn't confirm the power. I have since purchased a full mountune system though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi All,

So I thought id do some digging re camshafts and wildness/hotness thought it might help some of you

Green is calm, Red is wilder

The cams I bought with the intake are Piper Fast Road Cams, I suspect Mountune cams are somewhere between the two piper options or an alternatively timed fast road cam.

Light green is calmer then dark green

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Right so its all been happening a bit quick

So im on the hunt for a full exhaust system, ideally mountune, but its looking like this is possibly as difficult if not more difficult than the manifold, wonder if mountune might do another batch of exhaust?I hear they are doing more CAISs soon.

With the help of @mart. I think im finally settling on a full scorpion, its just when to bite the bullet as I can get a complete resonated, with sport cat system new for £950. Still putting the feeler out their for a used system but i'm getting nowhere, I hate FB and this search is cementing that thought, Im asking for resonated with cat and getting "de-cat with flames bro" back 😅🙄. Honestly thinking the most logical route is new 🤑😭

Anyway on other fronts the build (collection of parts) has gone well, I found some cheap Blisten B12s for sale, only catch was pick up was required on the day, and this being 8:15pm before I saw them it meant a long 3 hr round trip to get them, but glad I did, the seller was nice (I was a tad skeptical with the urgency of the sale) but all ok in the end , £200 a bargain
Automotive tire Wood Body jewelry Font Artifact

Pen Wood Satellite phone Font Office supplies

Product Gas Cylinder Auto part Metal

Line Material property Gas Cylinder Font

Automotive tire Light Gas Auto part Suspension

·
Registered
499 Posts
£200 is an absolute bargain.

Someone asked about the exhaust, but same issue with the inlet, will require a minimum number of people committed to buy and at probably £1k for the full system will only get a handful.

I was told about the new CAIS last august, but seems a while coming out, as they said it would be fairly soon. Maybe in time for show season.

·
Registered
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,274 Posts
Someone asked about the exhaust, but same issue with the inlet, will require a minimum number of people committed to buy and at probably £1k for the full system will only get a handful.
Think they needed about 30 people and it was coming out around £1,500... Oh wait thought you meant the manifold, never mind.
I don't think the exhaust would have anywhere near the same effect as the manifold in terms of performance. Seems like one is as good as another really, unless I'm mistaken

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So more research on the exhausts the crude way I see it is there appears to be 2 design strategies for systems

manifold no flexi , to flexi + sports cat + long section including rear bend, to short cat back with no rear bend. This appears to be mongoose and mountune way

manifold with flexi, to sports + shorter section with no bend, to long catback with rear bend. This appears to be Scorpion and Miltek

photos showing the rear bend below. This is from reading this forum, so if anyone has more info let me know

So my thinking is to go mongoose mani and sport cat + mountune cat back

The above also from research have diameters slightly different , mongoose and mountune 57mm, Milltek 60mm, Scorpion 63.5mm

I’ve circled either the missing bend or the bend on each system
Automotive lighting Bicycle part Auto part Cable Metal

Font Motor vehicle Rectangle Gas Metal

Product Automotive lighting Sports equipment Bicycle part Font

Body jewelry Automotive lighting Creative arts Necklace Jewellery

Bicycle part Cable Auto part Wood Font

·
Registered
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,274 Posts
The Mountune manifold with no flexi was the original version made by Piper for Mountune, then they went over to the Milltek produced one that has the flexi in.

I think the Milltek 4-1 with the flexi is thought to be the best, but if you don't like the sound of the Milltek then you might run into issues mixing brands as you have noted. Not only the bends but also the lengths might not reach.

Better to stick to one system or it's very likely you'll have to get some things adapted/modified for it to all go together. That's the way I did it and it would have been massively easier to just get all one brand

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Front B12s on, The car is noticeably lower and I’ve just calculated the car is actually 6.95mm lower and with a bigger arch gap of 6.95mm due to me running 195/45/16 wheels (zetec S) vs 205/40/17 stock wheels. I’m thinking to switch to 205/50/16 in future to achieve the look I won’t so this arch gap will close up and give me much more clearance

Tire Wheel Car Window Vehicle

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Fully lowered now, I knew the amount it would drop by, but I didn't expect it to be quite so low. I currently have no rear seats and the car is almost sat perfectly level (using top of arch as a reference). I suspect one of the rear shocks isn't working as it moved a bit too freely before fitting, and im getting a banging from that side. Overall though im impressed with the ride. Next will be spacers for the rear as when lowered the wheels so how feel too inboard at the rear

I removed the arch liner doing the rear struts and while there check over the condition of the arch, apart from the bottom front the arch shows no sign of rust

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
877 Posts
Right so its all been happening a bit quick

So im on the hunt for a full exhaust system, ideally mountune, but its looking like this is possibly as difficult if not more difficult than the manifold, wonder if mountune might do another batch of exhaust?I hear they are doing more CAISs soon.

With the help of @mart. I think im finally settling on a full scorpion, its just when to bite the bullet as I can get a complete resonated, with sport cat system new for £950. Still putting the feeler out their for a used system but i'm getting nowhere, I hate FB and this search is cementing that thought, Im asking for resonated with cat and getting "de-cat with flames bro" back 😅🙄. Honestly thinking the most logical route is new 🤑😭

Anyway on other fronts the build (collection of parts) has gone well, I found some cheap Blisten B12s for sale, only catch was pick up was required on the day, and this being 8:15pm before I saw them it meant a long 3 hr round trip to get them, but glad I did, the seller was nice (I was a tad skeptical with the urgency of the sale) but all ok in the end , £200 a bargain View attachment 585863
View attachment 585864
View attachment 585862
View attachment 585861
View attachment 585860
Hi,
I bought new bilsteins (rears) and they don't come with covers or bump stops, do I reuse the Ford ones ?
THx

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hi,
I bought new bilsteins (rears) and they don't come with covers or bump stops, do I reuse the Ford ones ?
THx
Yep, however mine came with them, you can get front and rear pretty cheaply, I would advise if you are in any doubt about the state of your to replace them while you have the dampers off, it’s easy to do as you don’t have a spring waiting to jump at you 😅😂

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Yep, however mine came with them, you can get front and rear pretty cheaply, I would advise if you are in any doubt about the state of your to replace them while you have the dampers off, it’s easy to do as you don’t have a spring waiting to jump at you 😅😂
Hi,
I've just taken the back wheels off and the OEM sleeves look ok ( but covered in ****e), I'll check out the bump stops tommorrow and if needbe get new ones from Ford, I neeed the car on the road FRiday.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi,
I've just taken the back wheels off and the OEM sleeves look ok ( but covered in ****e), I'll check out the bump stops tommorrow and if needbe get new ones from Ford, I neeed the car on the road FRiday.
My advice is cover the bolts in WD40 now, especially on the left hand side. The top bolts will require a bit of force to crack. I did remove the arch liner to get better access but isn’t required. It is super easy to do though, good to inspect if any (there will be) rust is growing too much

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you have time take the rear door cards off and have a look inside the hole in the direction where you have that rust starting at the bottom of the rear arch. Not as bad as clios but can sometimes see rust inside aswell depending how long it's been there.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
If you have time take the rear door cards off and have a look inside the hole in the direction where you have that rust starting at the bottom of the rear arch. Not as bad as clios but can sometimes see rust inside aswell depending how long it's been there.
Thanks, I assume there is some sort of drain, I think it might be a build of muck, that i've not paid attention to in the past, should I concerned about the plastic ST sill extension holding muck against the metal sill, do people remove these for cleaning?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks, I assume there is some sort of drain, I think it might be a build of muck, that i've not paid attention to in the past, should I concerned about the plastic ST sill extension holding muck against the metal sill, do people remove these for cleaning?
I've seen some rot through and need new sills welding in behind the side skirt at the back. But suspect that's in parts of the country more susceptible to salt and bad weather. I bought an ST from Thurso and it was horrendous underneath.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Right so been on a journey with the suspension, I hated the ride on Bilstein rear damper , maybe because they were shot or/and maybe because they are over damped for typical road driving, as such i've now fitted some adjustable dampers (GAZ) at the rear but have kept the eibach springs. The ride quality is quite frankly amazing, I dare say even better than stock springs and dampers

Interestingly the rear ride height has dropped more using the GAZ, the bilstein's would return to fully out position so perhaps this small force meant the spring was under slightly less load. the GAZ don't move from the position when you compress them off the car.

Ride height is 7mm lower on both rear sides now vs B8 dampers (B12 kit)

The ride is so good that I can't feel cats eyes on the road in the rear, only on the front, tempted to, in future buy some coilovers for the front.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Right so been on a journey with the suspension, I hated the ride on Bilstein rear damper , maybe because they were shot or/and maybe because they are over damped for typical road driving, as such i've now fitted some adjustable dampers (GAZ) at the rear but have kept the eibach springs. The ride quality is quite frankly amazing, I dare say even better than stock springs and dampers

Interestingly the rear ride height has dropped more using the GAZ, the bilstein's would return to fully out position so perhaps this small force meant the spring was under slightly less load. the GAZ don't move from the position when you compress them off the car.

Ride height is 7mm lower on both rear sides now vs B8 dampers (B12 kit)

The ride is so good that I can't feel cats eyes on the road in the rear, only on the front, tempted to, in future buy some coilovers for the front.
Hi,
Sounds good (y)
So youve kept the rear springs AND fitted coil overs ?
or have i misunderstood ?

41 - 60 of 92 Posts