Fiesta ST Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I had a binding issue with one of my heat shields and the part where it was splitting from 1 to 2 cables and clips to the underside, was exactly the issue your describing may be worth a look.
I will I can also hear a heat shield rattle so I suspect it’s that. I’ve got it working but it’s not perfect. I’ll take a look.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Replaced both handbrake cables at the rear as one had started to fray.

what I’ve noticed is one is pulling on sooner than the other, only slightly . I know one is longer than the other. I think the issue I have is a clip is broken. So when I pull the lever the cable kinda takes a slight shortcut, thus not pulling on as effective. Still works but mean one side is doing more work than the other.

And now I’ve got to refix the heat shields 😅 looks like previous owner gave up on penny washers and did a bit sealant/construction adhesive to hold it up. Worked well to be honest

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Not sure if you’ve already seen this or not or got to the bottom of your exhaust issue but found this on EBay…

Yer I saw that after I had the custom exhaust centre matching the miltek manifold and the mountune rear. 😅🫣

The rattle was the lambda sensor being slightly loose and due to the twisted cable and the heating and cooling it actually winding itself loose. I’ve torqued it FT and used a bit of locktite. All sorted. The rattle was the 2 washers literally bouncing up and down only by a mm or 2

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I was surprised how light they were without tyres.
Interesting, as with the tyres I have on them, they weigh a lot more versus the zetec S ones I removed. I suspect the track based tyre is stiffer thus heavier, rather than the wheel.

205/45/16 7J ET38 went on . 195/45/16 6.5J ET52.5 came off

Must be lighter than stock ST wheels like you say.

I do like lower unsprung weight

do you have yours on still?

81 - 92 of 92 Posts