Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I own a completely stock frozen white ST3 MK8 with 6000 km on the clock.
Car is mainly used as a weekend car/ and or trips. I always let the car cooldown and warm up.
No pushing with 1st gear, only with rolling.
I consider m235 mountune remap, WITHOUT any other modifications at the moment.
As per mountune support, the above is safe to run.
Any other member running this "setup" ?

Photo

Important: the warranty is 7 years, by any means during "regular" service is it possible that dealership will find that ECU was remapped?

Later modifications to follow, exhaust back box ( remus or scorption) and intake.

Thanks & greetings from Greece.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,088 Posts
At least one of my local tuners said that ST has a flash counter so they would know.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of the Remus back box. I have got the Dreamscience imap which you can put back to the stock map for your service and apparently doesn't reset the counter. Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Tire Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
so you are running the remus backbox + the iMAP only ?
Yes but also a panel air filter which takes 2 minutes to swap back to the standard air filter for the service. Once the warranty runs out i have got lots of parts to fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes but also a panel air filter which takes 2 minutes to swap back to the standard air filter for the service. Once the warranty runs out i have got lots of parts to fit.
yes thats exactly my concern. the car (in Greece) comes with warranty 7 years-
which in my opinion in modern cars is important not to breach.
due to the numerous electrical stuff...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
the flash counter is triggered by mountune software only ?
Every time the counter shows different number than Fords official software they know that its been flashed. So they know no matter what companys software. I have no knowledge about a company that would have been able to go around this or that its even possible.

·
Super Moderator
23,640 Posts
If you're worried, and the fact you ask on here suggests you are, then I would avoid modifications until your warranty is over.

That said, most maps are pretty safe.

Remember the warranty as a whole is not effected, only elements linked with said modifications.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Not sure if this has changed?
Every time the counter shows different number than Fords official software they know that its been flashed. So they know no matter what companys software. I have no knowledge about a company that would have been able to go around this or that its even possible.

Dreamscience imap
White Font Line Audio equipment Cable

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
When it comes to any ECU changes, assume that the Dealers and Insurers will know exactly what you've done and use it against you at any given opportunity.
Decide if you're comfortable with that, and make your decisions on the back of that.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Even if they promise that, the ecu itself might not have the counter going but the other modules will see the changed parameters and log them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome Captain B. Hope you enjoy your stay here, tons of info and plenty of members to help you out. Some have already said if you are worried about mods, just leave it until warranty runs out. You said warranty is 7 years, not sure Id wait that long (5 years warranty here in OZ). So I just bit the bullet and went the whole nine yards Mountunes M260 with the lot. My insurance company is fine with all the mods, BUT some are not so a factor to consider. My dealer is aware of everything and so far we have a good relationship. The ST is a firecracker straight out of the box. I just wanted a Tomahawk cruise missile 😂😁

·
Registered
161 Posts
Flash counters and ignition counters have been built into ecus for well over 15 years, they aint nothing new. A both counters can be incremented by a Ford PCM update, dealers have no way of telling what was flashed on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts