Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I'm doing quite a few upgrades to my ST which will leave me with some spare parts.
Front suspension
Front brakes ( calipers/discs)

Will these parts fit a normal 1.2 finesse ?

Also,
I want to fit fogs to the finesse, but I'm sure its the lowest of the low and the grilles are not seperatable from the bumper
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Was wandering round tesco car park earlier and saw this facelift

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

The fog light grilles obviously are removable, so, will a post facelift bumper fit a pre facelift, ( with a facelift top grille) ??
Many thanks

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
@alan ST Bentley to answer some of your questions:

• Front brakes should be a straight swap, just use the whole lot from the ST;
  • Front suspension should also be interchangeable, why would you want to? For the lowering?
  • Facelift bumper fits directly with the top grille, as you say.

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@alan ST Bentley to answer some of your questions:

• Front brakes should be a straight swap, just use the whole lot from the ST;
  • Front suspension should also be interchangeable, why would you want to? For the lowering?
  • Facelift bumper fits directly with the top grille, as you say.
Hi Jase,
THx,
When u say front brakes are a straight swap, r ST brakes any better than normal fiesta ?
FRont suspension, my st felt far firmer than the finesse,
I supose what I'm trying to say is, Is there any point putting all this ST stuff on thefinese, am I wasting my time. Ta

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
The front suspension, depending on mileage.

Ford said they was updated dampers ST when selling it 2004, now we know it's just the same dampers just a different spring. So you could lower that fiesta with the ST stuff. The brakes would be an improvement.

If you got spare time and are bored. Then it's a little project to undertake. You probably spend more time banging bolts out them anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Hi Jase,
THx,
When u say front brakes are a straight swap, r ST brakes any better than normal fiesta ?
FRont suspension, my st felt far firmer than the finesse,
I supose what I'm trying to say is, Is there any point putting all this ST stuff on thefinese, am I wasting my time. Ta
The discs are 20mm bigger, so you get better heat dissipation - not sure if the pistons are any bigger as I never checked my 1.25 brakes before the engine swap, just took them off and put Mondeo MK3 calipers on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts