Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm more or less sold on the the K1S as seen here

as it would also be handy as a reverse camera. Obviously there will be cabkes to tuck away from front to back. Has anyone done something similar in regards to tucking cables away behind the trim?

Especially from the boot area, does the boot trim remove easily?

Does anyone know if the DAB cable goes up the right or left of windscreen, as i'd like to avoid that

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
None, then again I live in London so its unlikely.

I am unsure where the DAB antenna is actually located would be interesting to find out.

My Viper alarm cabling also runs round the same trim so I would of thought if cables there caused interference I would of experienced it by now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends if the cabling is thick shielded cable or cheap nasty chinese tat. Sounds like it's decent cabling.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a cheap little £19 camera from China with a 32gb SD card for another £18 works a treat took about 3,mins to fit no wires showing!

Tuck straight up under the top of windscreen across to top of A pillar and run down inside A pillar cover under the door rubber across under the glove box then up inside centre consul to the rear 12v outlet and shove a USB charger in.
Every time you unlock the car and until carbis re-locked the 12v socket is live. Works a treat.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it have wifi? I'm after a dual camera setup that I can use my android phone with for live feed, ideal for reverse parking

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Legend
1,505 Posts
Brilliant guide, thank you.

Can you stream live video to a smartphone with your Blackvue 380? I see it has a wifi symbol.
No, it's a cheaper Blackvue as I don't need (or see the point) in wifi.

My car has parking sensors.

That light is to say the unit has got a GPS signal.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also have parking sensors, I just think it would be a cool addition to have, not only for parking, but for live adjustment of the camera to get the perfect angle, wihtout having to use a screen on the camera.

·
Legend
1,505 Posts
I also have parking sensors, I just think it would be a cool addition to have, not only for parking, but for live adjustment of the camera to get the perfect angle, wihtout having to use a screen on the camera.
I decided I'd use it once for novelty factor and that's it, so not worth the hassle.

The camera has a wide angle so aiming isn't a problem.

As long as it's pointing just under the horizon it's fine as it gives a decent picture then without too much light.

Rear vid clip.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aye that's decent enough, especially with Youtube's decompression that affects videos.

i've decided against wifi, sitting there on my phone to start up the app, waiting for wifi to connect, just to reverse into a space lol

I wonder if the standard head unit has the AV connections for using a camera? The ST in Germany has a rear view camera option, though i'm not sure it's the same display as our UK version

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 2channel blackvue 650 would be good but running the wire between the 2 cameras would be a pain with the opening of the tailgate.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your parking a Fiesta not a 40ft trailer :)

By the time you fiff and faff with your phone and wifi etc someone would have already parked up in the bay and got their money in the machine ;)

A couple of decent cameras (front/rear) hard wired like Boss has shown is all you need or even cheaper things that I have.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I donwloaded some footage of the Mini 0806 in 1080P, stunning quality. Ideal for reading numberplates in low light

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think dashcam have come quite far enough to make me buy one. It seems to be a choice between cheap options and overpriced long term solutions, when.90% of the market want something in between!

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
I don't think dashcam have come quite far enough to make me buy one. It seems to be a choice between cheap options and overpriced long term solutions, when.90% of the market want something in between!
??????

What do you want the camera to do exactly? They are available in all prices from £15 upto £400, there are so many on the market that you should be able to find one in a spec you want at a price you're willing to pay fairly easily.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts