Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I fitted the Blackvue DR650 front and rear. Very easy to run the cables in the headlining as per fox's guide. For the rear cam I just have a short hop from the headlining to the rear windscreen cable tie/mount as it gets its power from the front cam - you can't see it at all and it doesn't get in the way when using the boot etc.
Having said that, as much as I like the blackvue I think it is too expensive for the quality of the footage, plus they seem to be a bit buggy for some, myself included, with 64gb cards. I really wanted a camera I could view from my phone/iPad on the fly though which was why I went with blackvue in the end amongst other reasons, parking mode etc (again a bit of a PITA).
Let us know which one you end up going for, would be interested to hear how you get on.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ordered a Nextbase 402g last night. It has the most amount of positive reviews regarding footage quality, reliability, features and ease of use. Bought from Halfords for £119 but I used Topcashback to get another £5 off.

It's a rebranded LS430w so here is a good review

·
Registered
64 Posts
I want a blackvue type 2channel dashcam or 2 separate ones but one that is reliable I've heard the blackvue is a bit buggy.
I want one from a known manufacturer and not a Chinese ebay clone and I want something small without a screen as I hope to never have to look at the footage.
And I want one cheaper than the 650 and with good quality footage.

??????

What do you want the camera to do exactly? They are available in all prices from £15 upto £400, there are so many on the market that you should be able to find one in a spec you want at a price you're willing to pay fairly easily.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I want a blackvue type 2channel dashcam or 2 separate ones but one that is reliable I've heard the blackvue is a bit buggy.
I want one from a known manufacturer and not a Chinese ebay clone and I want something small without a screen as I hope to never have to look at the footage.
And I want one cheaper than the 650 and with good quality footage.
2 x Mobius cams

·
Registered
175 Posts
I donwloaded some footage of the Mini 0806 in 1080P, stunning quality. Ideal for reading numberplates in low light
The mini 0806 is a great little camera, fitted one to my dads car a month or two back. V small so sits nicely behind the mirror.

Had problems with the GPS not working, common fault to do with crappy wiring inside the camera but it's the video thats most important, GPS nice to have.

·
Premium Member
Mk8 ST PE
275 Posts
I have a Transcend: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-DrivePro-Video-Recorder-Built-/dp/B00GRYT5QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436563219&sr=8-1&keywords=transcend+drive+pro+200

I run the cable along the top trim of the windscreen, down the door seal, under the passenger seat and into the power outlet.

The only difficult part was the transfer from the trim to the door seal, quite tricky but do able.
Don't suppose you've got any pictures of your install? Mrs G has just picked up the newer version of this dashcam, so guess I'll be fitting it at the weekend!

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
I'll probably remove the headlining and A-pillar cover and make it as hidden as possible.
No need to remove them at all, poke the wire up behind the front edge of the headline, behind the top edge it the A pillar trim and then behind the flap of the rubber door seal.

·
Premium Member
Mk8 ST PE
275 Posts
No need to remove them at all, poke the wire up behind the front edge of the headline, behind the top edge it the A pillar trim and then behind the flap of the rubber door seal.
As long as it doesn't rattle!

Did the quick and dirty in a previous car, and in winter the cable rattled like hell!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts