Fiesta ST Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks!

That's the exact one I had added to my watched list anyway.

Gonna be using a USB lead so don't need the cigarette lighter connection. I'll strip the cable and then and a spade connection on like the guide shows.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hi jack but does anyone know if the nextbase 402g cameras are any good? The reviews all look good or is there better out there around the £150 mark

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Sorry to hi jack but does anyone know if the nextbase 402g cameras are any good? The reviews all look good or is there better out there around the £150 mark
That's the one I have, great picture quality and I've had no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Nextbase are rebadged cameras you can get direct from China for £33!

Admittedly they don't have built in wifi or gps (none of which you really need on a dashcam) or whatever else 'Nextbase' load onto it to try and justify the extortionately high price.

In all seriousness, save yourself £120, search for Techmoan G1WH, he has links to the genuine seller on eBay.

I've had two fitted for over twelve months now and they're perfect.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nextbase are rebadged cameras you can get direct from China for £33!

Admittedly they don't have built in wifi or gps (none of which you really need on a dashcam) or whatever else 'Nextbase' load onto it to try and justify the extortionately high price.

In all seriousness, save yourself £120, search for Techmoan G1WH, he has links to the genuine seller on eBay.

I've had two fitted for over twelve months now and they're perfect.
I bought a G1WH from gearbest, as you say no GPS/WiFi but the picture quality in the daytime is great. But at night it's almost non-existent, whats the Nextbase like at night.

Sky Land vehicle Wheel Car Tire

Automotive lighting Street light Amber Road surface Asphalt

At the minute i've got my dads Mini0806 on test in the car as he had a few blips with it, but this is a screengrab of it in use at night and a foggy night at that.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car

Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Road surface Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
This for £120 (they've been reduced by £30)
http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-dash-cam-402g-professional
Or this for £31
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Updated-Full-HD-1080P-G1WH-2-7-LCD-In-Car-Dash-DVR-Camera-G-sensor-Time-Lapse-/310830749213
It's entirely up to you.
For info, here's footage of my accident, the video quality is as good as any rebranded ones
See what you mean there very similar, i don't mind which one it is as I'm getting it for Christmas anyway haha

·
Registered
332 Posts
Where about in the front screen have you all got your cameras mounted ?

Got a nextbase 512 off my parents for Christmas and just trying to find the ideal spot for it as its not the smallest camera in the world.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Where about in the front screen have you all got your cameras mounted ?

Got a nextbase 512 off my parents for Christmas and just trying to find the ideal spot for it as its not the smallest camera in the world.
Have a look at the instructions, best place is next to the rear view mirror within the wiper blade sweep (passenger side).
I was conscious people would see it and thought about hiding it but I've seen a couple of people move away from my car when they've spotted it (in person & on playback) not that they were going to do anything, just made them aware.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's the spot were I have it, could do with a smaller mount really as that's a good bit bigger than the camera.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
That's the spot were I have it, could do with a smaller mount really as that's a good bit bigger than the camera.
Yeh agreed about the mount but it does get a good hold.
Tbh I've had mine fitted since March and I don't really notice it now.
Too busy moaning about the dirty roads splashing all over the car. 😂

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeh agreed about the mount but it does get a good hold.
Tbh I've had mine fitted since March and I don't really notice it now.
Too busy moaning about the dirty roads splashing all over the car.
I agree with the mount being to long as well and I've got the 402g, is there anywhere you can buy a shorter one from and I've found I need it quite far down the screen because of the plastic but around the mirror get in the picture haha

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just a random moment from today's driving mainly testing out settings. Might take the silly filter thing off the lens as it looks darker than it was.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I've just bought a hardwire kit and a transcend drivepro 220 from halfords. I've managed to get it to come on and off with ignition, but want it on all the time unless I unplug it, which fuse do I need?

·
Registered
256 Posts
41 - 60 of 82 Posts