Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when fitting a full milltek system do you have to extend the sensors or should it just be a straight swap?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
On my Piper Manifold (Flexi) There's only one screw hole for the the Bank 2 Sensor which fitted straight In.

Bank 1 Sensor has nowhere to go as there Isn't a screw hole for It hence why my EML Is on!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm ok, shall have to investigate mine then.... me and a friend (mechanic) were putting the system on one night and he seems to think they need extending. anyways im getting a sports cat at the end of the month so will re-do everything and make it all a good fit. thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Hmmm Intresting....

It's maybe just Piper Mani's which only have one screw hole for the Sensor and not 2 (Unlike the standard one)

·
Registered
396 Posts
There should be a sensor hole for the front lambda in the end of the manifold (before it joins to the rest of the system)

And the rear lambda sensor bolts in behind the cat or in the de-cat which ever option you have.

If you manifold doesnt have the hole check that there isnt a cap/plug screwed in, these are to protect the threads during shipping etc. These can then be removed and the lambda sensor fitted in place!

Also i have a piper manifold and that has hte hole for the sensor, but it did require the lengthening of the sensor wires, which im guessing is unlike the milltek.
But i have noticed the primaries are longer on the piper compared to the milltek.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hmmm Intresting....

It's maybe just Piper Mani's which only have one screw hole for the Sensor and not 2 (Unlike the standard one)
the standard manifold has one hole for a lamda in the manifold, and one after the cat.

all aftermarket manifolds should be the same, as on ours (your st's
) the cat is in a seperate section to the manifold, (after the flexi)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Well I can assure you I only have 1 hole for a Sensor,See here -

Picture used for Ilustration only

The Red Circle Is where I have my Bank 2 (Rear) 02 Sensor on the standard Manifold & My Piper one.The Blue square show's nothing else which Is the same on my Piper Manifold there's no covered up hole's Etc Etc....So therefore I only have 1 02 Sensor,Hence why my EML
light Is on.Im running a De-Cat though so that's why.I have no hole In my De-Cat though for a Sensor to screw Into..?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The original question was wether the full milltek system(manifold+cat/decat) needed the lambda sensors extending, which they dont. Obviously there is one sensor boss in the manifold(bank 1, sensor 1), and one in the sports cat/decat(bank 1, sensor 2).

To clear things up, Bank 1 sensor 1 measures the Fuelling(AFR), and Bank 1 sensor 2 is there to measure the efficiency of the catalyst only - thats why you get your mil light coming up with a decat/sports cat fitted, because it offers less restriction than what the ecu is calibrated to see.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well I can assure you I only have 1 hole for a Sensor,See here -

Picture used for Ilustration only

The Red Circle Is where I have my Bank 2 (Rear) 02 Sensor on the standard Manifold & My Piper one.The Blue square show's nothing else which Is the same on my Piper Manifold there's no covered up hole's Etc Etc....So therefore I only have 1 02 Sensor,Hence why my EML
light Is on.Im running a De-Cat though so that's why.I have no hole In my De-Cat though for a Sensor to screw Into..?
nifty diagram!

theres only one hole in any manifold craig,as i said before!

as ricky says, the one in the manifold does fueling, it'd be pretty pointless having 2 identical sensors 6" away from eachother on the same pipe

then the second will be post cat- to measure its efficiency/effectivness.

io think why you're getting confused is hat you should have a hole to screw the second sensor in your decat pipe.(you'll still get EML)
leaving it out will **** up the sensor,

the only thing thats changing with a milltek is the bore size, it all fits in the same way as the stock one/ is the same length.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys, Im thinking about ordering the regular Milltek 4-1 evo, sports cat, catback.... will I get a EML light with this system or is it only the big bore system?

And if so, thats annoying, how do you get rid of it permanently?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts