Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sup

Fitted my Fly Eye Kit yesterday, I had seen some cars with this installed at FITP (Focus ST's & RS') and thought it looked good.

Basically it's a cheap way of tinting headlights that does not ruin your light and can be removed at any time.

Also MOT will not fail as the film does not affect the colour of the light which emits. (apparently)

Not the best pic, taken on phone out of work door! Will post more pics up.

C&C welcome

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
you will notice it does affect your headlights at night 2 of my friends have this on there cars and they both say them mayaswell not have their lights on

·
Registered
216 Posts
Will be illegal from January next year if the expected changes to the mot come to pass...

That's not to say it doesn't look good though!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a film with very small holes all over it (fly eye) very easy to use.

Half my car is Illegal anyway.

Didn't want to risk messing up lights

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sup

Fitted my Fly Eye Kit yesterday, I had seen some cars with this installed at FITP (Focus ST's & RS') and thought it looked good.

Basically it's a cheap way of tinting headlights that does not ruin your light and can be removed at any time.

Also MOT will not fail as the film does not affect the colour of the light which emits. (apparently)

Not the best pic, taken on phone out of work door! Will post more pics up.

C&C welcome

Ryan
i think it looks quality mate! was looking at getting some today after seeing them in fast ford mag and i think youve just made my mind up!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Installed Fly Eye Kits - Tutorial is on Youtube.

I ordered 1 x Fly eye kit consisting of;

2 x 30x45cm sheets of film
1 x Squeegee
1 x Craft knife

I removed headlight and cleaned, cut out a piece of the film slightly larger than my light.

Start to apply film to light, removing and stretching over the light, use the squeegee to flatten out bubbles/creases

Used heat gun to activate the adhesive

Cut off excess with craft knife.

That's it, took 20mins per headlight. Also done my fogs.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Looks pretty good mate, just wonder wether it would suit a red St too?
Yeah I reckon it would. Red with black always works well.

I'll wait until I see it at the end of the month, but can't help thinking that spraying the insides of the lights Black is probably better.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think I may give it a go, like you said It can be peeled off so if I don't like it off it comes lol.
Couldn't decide wether to paint them black but if this looks good I've saved myself a lot of time an effort.

Jamie

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They look different to if the inside was painted as this tints the lens which tints the whole light, not the inner plastic.

You run the risk of messing up removing the lens when you paint the inside, this method has been prone to leaking and condensation too.

The cost to replace headlights is alot more than £24.00 which is all I risked if I was to not like it, which I do

Ryan

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Installed Fly Eye Kits - Tutorial is on Youtube.

I ordered 1 x Fly eye kit consisting of;

2 x 30x45cm sheets of film
1 x Squeegee
1 x Craft knife

I removed headlight and cleaned, cut out a piece of the film slightly larger than my light.

Start to apply film to light, removing and stretching over the light, use the squeegee to flatten out bubbles/creases

Used heat gun to activate the adhesive

Cut off excess with craft knife.

That's it, took 20mins per headlight. Also done my fogs.
Where did you get this from and link to YouTube vid please.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts