Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Frozen white

Votes: 12 46.2%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am interested to buy a Fiesta ST2 MK8 3 door with performance pack and led headlights. I can't decide what colour to pick. I was ready to order it in frozen white (because i think looks nice with 17 wheels) but after some research in youtube and google i think magnetic grey looks cool too and maybe more grown up (i am 30 years old). I hope you can help me with some pictures of your cars if its possible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've not long ordered an ST3 in Performance Blue, but Magnetic Grey was a close second. It's a really nice colour and with a couple of visual mods really has some presence.

Between Magnetic Grey and Frozen White, I'd go with Magentic every time.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Personally, I find magnetic quite inconspicuous and although I do like the colour, they seem to get lost in the flood of ST-Lines. However, that might be a good thing if you don’t want to attract too much attention. Again, that is just my opinion. 🤙

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I have Magnetic Grey and I personally like that it's quite understated; I'd rather have it fly under the radar.

I do really like the 'Stormtrooper' type style of a White car with black trim, but, with the standard STs things like the front grill and fog light surrounds aren't a gloss black, they're more of a dark satin grey, so you can't really go for the Stormtrooper scheme properly. If they offered the gloss black trims and wheels from the ST Edition for all 'standard' STs, then White would be a serious contender imo.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Before the ST Edition came along I was struggling with this, and also silver fox.

I think the magnetic is really nice but sometimes seems too subtle, and the white is very hot hatch.
I ended up settling for Silver Fox then Ford pulled it as a colour choice.

So bought an Edition instead 😂

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have ordered Agate Black but I won't be doing many miles and love a black car when it is highly polished and also find it very therapeutic cleaning and polishing the car, magnetic grey was a close second for me though👍🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am posting this video too show the rims ( i am sure that you know them already).
It looks very aggressive at night with with the led headlights.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I’d go with whichever has the shortest lead times. Given the current state of things I don’t think you can be too fussy and both colours are great.

Pros for white (I have one) is it looks quite hot hatch (especially with the ST3 red brake calliper) and being a flat bright colour should hide imperfections like small scratches quite well. It is also marginally cheaper. On the other hand it also shows up dirt 5 mins after you washed it and all the panel gaps stand out more (which are pretty crap especially for a car assembled in Germany).

Any particular reason for going the ST2 route? By the time you add the performance pack it isn’t that much cheaper. I was looking at the 2 with pp myself but there were bigger discounts on the 3 and in the end it made better sense (plus the seat fabric is excellent).

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I have Magnetic Grey and I personally like that it's quite understated; I'd rather have it fly under the radar.

I do really like the 'Stormtrooper' type style of a White car with black trim, but, with the standard STs things like the front grill and fog light surrounds aren't a gloss black, they're more of a dark satin grey, so you can't really go for the Stormtrooper scheme properly. If they offered the gloss black trims and wheels from the ST Edition for all 'standard' STs, then White would be a serious contender imo.
Paintmodz for the Stormtrooper style!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’d go with whichever has the shortest lead times. Given the current state of things I don’t think you can be too fussy and both colours are great.

Pros for white (I have one) is it looks quite hot hatch (especially with the ST3 red brake calliper) and being a flat bright colour should hide imperfections like small scratches quite well. It is also marginally cheaper. On the other hand it also shows up dirt 5 mins after you washed it and all the panel gaps stand out more (which are pretty crap especially for a car assembled in Germany).

Any particular reason for going the ST2 route? By the time you add the performance pack it isn’t that much cheaper. I was looking at the 2 with pp myself but there were bigger discounts on the 3 and in the end it made better sense (plus the seat fabric is excellent).
The reasons to choose ST2 over ST3 are two. The price of course (ST2 with white colour, performance pack, led headlights costs 22.000 and ST3 with the same package costs 26.000) and for the ride quality of 17'' wheels since the roads in my country are not very good. I agree that delivery time is the key factor but i am made this post in case both colours are available.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Are you sure there is £4k difference?

What's the difference on the likes of Carwow quotes?

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I think I prefer the grey despite buying one in white. I do see far more standard fiestas in grey though.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Paintmodz for the Stormtrooper style!
Yes, but it's extra cash, extra work, and another reason for insurance to try and screw you. It's doable, but some people (for many different reasons) prefer to keep their cars factory-standard.

I appreciate that Ford never used to have the gloss black parts from factory, but with the ST Edition they obviously manufactured them and will need to be able to make replacements / spares for the future, so giving new buyers the option of black vs satin grey would be nice.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Yes, but it's extra cash, extra work, and another reason for insurance to try and screw you. It's doable, but some people (for many different reasons) prefer to keep their cars factory-standard.

I appreciate that Ford never used to have the gloss black parts from factory, but with the ST Edition they obviously manufactured them and will need to be able to make replacements / spares for the future, so giving new buyers the option of black vs satin grey would be nice.

I agree with you, i had every intention to keep mine stock but that lasted about a month! I cannot see the point anymore if in say 15/20 years our cars will be banned from the road or petrol isn't available anymore, stock or modded they will probably be worth scrap money only. Thinking about it the Focus RS MK2 had Piano Black parts, not sure if this was the first Ford to have Gloss parts.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
A vote for white here. I have a white ST3 on order.

The basis of my choice was a visit to a showroom. They had a white ST2 which I test drove and a couple of white ST Lines. They also had a couple of normal Fiestas in Magnetic Grey. They weren't ST's though. Still it was enough to compare them. I parked the ST next to one of the grey ones and the decision was easy for me. The white popped and the grey just looked a little muted in comparison. Was an easy choice for me when I saw them together.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
I quite like white but it is not easy to get them to real shine like other colours, you'll never get a deep shine with good wax.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts