Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a quote come through for the extended warranty from Ford.
Has anyone taken this option or more to the point made a claim?
Sounds a reasonable cost to me for what it covers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
For the sake of £120 or so I’d take it. What does it cover exactly? You never know it might come in handy if something was to go wrong with the car and come with an expensive bill.

Check what it covers and also if there’s a claim limit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would appear to cover all mechanical and electrical items along with multimedia and MOT test insurance plus AA roadside assistance.
Also all parts labour and serviceable items (ie oil etc) included if necessary to replace the part.
The MOT bit covers quite a lot too and will be interesting to see if it covers this first MOT or is only relevant to the next one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It would appear to cover all mechanical and electrical items along with multimedia and MOT test insurance plus AA roadside assistance.
Also all parts labour and serviceable items (ie oil etc) included if necessary to replace the part.
The MOT bit covers quite a lot too and will be interesting to see if it covers this first MOT or is only relevant to the next one.
If it covers that then I'd definitely take it, is it £120 for a year? My mk7 was relatively low mileage for the age at around 40k at 4.5 years old when it had an MOT and it failed and without my warranty would've cost me circa £600, to be fair I paid that for a warranty for 3 years on it, but it was bundled in with the finance / I paid for it on my deposit however you want to look at it, I think it's well worth it.

my other half's car is apparently burning oil (but also isn't if you ask Vauxhall.....) and the engine will be covered if it needs it, I'm not convinced by what they've told me as I went to a garage and he said it was burning oil and I told him I was taking it somewhere else, so it's not like he lied to try and get ££££ out of me. I would check the claim limit though. I was close to the single limit on mine with the MOT failures, but my other half's has a 4k claim limit per claim.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Interesting, mine's 3 a month before yours but I haven't heard anything about this from Ford.

Have you owned yours from new?... mine was a year old when I got it and I wonder if that's 'broken the chain' so to speak. It was from a main dealership mind 🤔

I had an O² sensor go which was replaced under warranty... that alone would've almost cost that much so I'd definitely be interested 👍🏻

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes owned from new on Privelege deal which l settled a few months later so owned .
Here is a link where you can request a quote.

outright.https://www.myfordprotect.co.uk/product-benefits.html

·
Registered
325 Posts
I’ve been wondering about the extended warranty if they did it or not. This answers my question. I’ve also heard nothing from Ford and my 3 years is up in July August and with only 5,500 miles

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another point of note is that the application form asked if the car was modified or not so may be able to extend warranty with a remap etc.
l was considering a remap when 3 years old anyway.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Has anyone had any recent quotes or info on this? I've gone on the link as above and you need to put in personal info to get a quote. I might just ring them up rather doing it on the pc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes as l stated above.
They initially sent me an email with a quote reference number and all l had to fill in was mileage and if modified.

·
Registered
MK8 ST Performance Blue , TRS Stage 1
289 Posts
I’ve just taken out an extended warranty after reading this thread.
My car is 3.5 years old , but as it was 6 months old when i got it, the dealer tagged on another 6 months of warranty.
It seems like a good deal for what it covers . Basically a full manufacturers warranty. My car is low mileage, but i see plenty of reports of oil leaks and steering column problems. You can keep taking out a yearly warranty for as long as you like. Obviously it’ll get more expensive as the car gets older.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Has anyone taken this out with mods on the car? I would assume that they won't cover anything that has been modded, but still might be worth it for the other bits on the car

1 - 20 of 37 Posts