Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got my email today from Ford about the Warranty, I didn’t know my mileage was so I’ll get a quote next week. Only done 5,300 coming up to 3 years.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've just purchased the 1 Year Extended Warranty from Ford. Better to have it and not have it.
Having now purchased it have you read through the policy details as l am still curious as to which MOT is covered.
Like yours mine is approaching 3 yrs end of July so is this first mot covered or the next one ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Having now purchased it have you read through the policy details as l am still curious as to which MOT is covered.
Like yours mine is approaching 3 yrs end of July so is this first mot covered or the next one ?
I had a quick glance but didn’t really take stuff in. From what I gather it’s this MOT. I’ll have a read soon

·
Registered
325 Posts
Had a bit of a look just now and can’t see anything if it’s this year ie MOT for this July or just before the policy ends next year. I presume it’s for this year. Also it says maximum payout is £750, is this where Ford only replaces things up to the maximum of £750 but say if you need anything done which is more you got to pay it? If anything fails on the MOT you got to pay £25 though.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
When I read up on it that's the point where I parted ways with the idea of an extended warranty... the limited nature of the cover.

I'll take my chances for £750.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Also it says maximum payout is £750
Where did you read this, as I couldn't find any reference to it? Was that just relating to the MoT insurance which comes as part of the Gold warranty? Lots of things not covered by the MoT insurance are covered by the warranty itself, ie the cat.
The warranty webpage illustrates a Mondeo engine at £5,600 and says these are actual claims paid.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Where did you read this, as I couldn't find any reference to it? Was that just relating to the MoT insurance which comes as part of the Gold warranty? Lots of things not covered by the MoT insurance are covered by the warranty itself, ie the cat.
The warranty webpage illustrates a Mondeo engine at £5,600 and says these are actual claims paid.
Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

It's on page 17 Section 2. I put a question mark on my comment about the £750. i might have to phone Ford to clarify things. When i was in the other local dealer the other day to book 3rd service and MOT he did say they were different versions of the extended warranty, he said that was the best one i had. I didn't go into more detail with him to be honest

·
Registered
512 Posts
View attachment 587649

It's on page 17 Section 2. I put a question mark on my comment about the £750. i might have to phone Ford to clarify things. When i was in the other local dealer the other day to book 3rd service and MOT he did say they were different versions of the extended warranty, he said that was the best one i had. I didn't go into more detail with him to be honest
Ah sorry, I thought you were referring to the warranty, rather than the MoT insurance.
But in this case, what would cause such an expensive MoT failure that wouldn't be covered separately by the main warranty?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts