Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Jason, are there any specific fitment instructions for this? I’ve bought part number 2215799 as you did, but when I try to mount it, it just seems to slide straight down the shaft, almost like there is a spacer needed? Do I need to remove something from the old gearknob first?
Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Jason, are there any specific fitment instructions for this? I’ve bought part number 2215799 as you did, but when I try to mount it, it just seems to slide straight down the shaft, almost like there is a spacer needed? Do I need to remove something from the old gearknob first?
Cheers

Both of these fit:- 5603242 (£134.75) and 2215799 (listed as a 2014-2018 Focus ST £109.01). I am pretty sure they are the same item, i bought the Focus one 2215799 and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Cheers
There should have been a spring in the hole on the old gearknob, then this is put on the new one. Hope you sort it out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There should have been a spring in the hole on the old gearknob, then this is put on the new one. Hope you sort it out.
Yeah there’s a large spring on the shaft which is for springing the reverse guard back down, but there was a small spring that came in the box with the new carbon ****. It just feels like the bore on the carbon **** and the the thread on the shaft aren’t the same diameter and I can’t figure it out :confused:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah there’s a large spring on the shaft which is for springing the reverse guard back down, but there was a small spring that came in the box with the new carbon *. It just feels like the bore on the carbon * and the the thread on the shaft aren’t the same diameter and I can’t figure it out :confused:
This is the one i bought a couple of years ago, i don't remember there being a spring that came with it. I don't know what to say, perhaps they have changed the thread size on the part, my car is a July 19 model.
Font Material property Rectangle Gas Technology

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks yes this is the same part number as the one I’ve bought, but maybe they made a to the thread in the MY2020.25 which mine is. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?
This is the one i bought a couple of years ago, i don't remember there being a spring that came with it. I don't know what to say, perhaps they have changed the thread size on the part, my car is a July 19 model. View attachment 585427

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was thinking that, but I can’t seem to get it to thread. It seems a little bit to big for that
The thread will be a standard M12 thread, Ford haven't changed that for years.
The supplied spring is a real odd one? I have no idea why they would supply you with a spring? Just for my sanity could you post a pic of the spring too?

·
Registered
340 Posts
21 - 40 of 62 Posts