Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had a quote from my local ford dealership for a full service, £217.00, the only things they were gonna change is the oil and oil filter, cost about £40.00, the rest was in labour for checking the breakes, suspension, tyres, steering and bodywork, all the stuff you would know if there was a problem with, just by driving, hearing a noise and visual checks, i think its a total rip off, a local self employed mechanic with a good reputation will do it for £70.00, if i buy the bits, RESULT !!! plus the brake fluid and water. to say that was the only two things they would change doesnt sound right ! anyone had a simular experience with ford dealerships ?

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
Nothing new really? Relatively cheap exercise to DIY / reasonable price to get done at a reputable independant / or pay well over the odds for a main dealer stamp. Saying that, some are much more competitive than others.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I phoned ford about a service on mine 3rd service was £205!! And they wouldn't budge, so instead I get a chap at the dealership were I work who is an x master tech for ford to do it. Still get a stamp in the book, genuine parts used, and it cost me less than half price. I would do it myself but no longer on the tools and don't have the time to get in the workshop to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts